What's new

Chasidor?

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Well....there's his timeline....took 2 months for your 2 drawers.....

I've been waiting just at 4 months now for 4 Cocobola drawers and a couple shelves.

1 month wait per drawer. At least u ordered in August and already have yours. Apparently he's not joking about exotic wood orders taking longer.
Yeah, plain cedar was all I needed. Hopefully I'll have enough!

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I finally found another way to contact him, and got a response in an hour. Since then, we've swapped e-mails several times regarding build status, and I couldn't be happier with the communication.
Can you, or anyone for that matter, please hit me with a PM for another way to contact Chuck. He still isn't responding to my emails, and I'd really just like to get a simple update as to what's going on with my order. Waiting since June 24, and that just ain't right...at least not without any communication.

Any help would truly be appreciated.

Thanks!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you, or anyone for that matter, please hit me with a PM for another way to contact Chuck. He still isn't responding to my emails, and I'd really just like to get a simple update as to what's going on with my order. Waiting since June 24, and that just ain't right...at least not without any communication.

Thanks!
I will try to PM you...but I am not sure how many post I need.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0

Thanks!
I ordered the end of February & still haven't got them yet. Same boat as you...no response.

:dunno:

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
You ordered in FEBRUARY!! That is crap. This guy has taken a lot of money from people and not provided what was paid for. I am willing to give the guy two months for what he says will take 3 to 4 weeks but 8 months is BS.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Just thought I'd provide an update....not that anyone cares about my particular circumstance, but for those still waiting (as I have been) that Chuck is still hammering away on everyones orders. He finally responded to me....was very apologetic, and understanding of where I was coming from. Didn't try to offer any excuses, b/c there weren't any. He just got back-jammed and the stained/exotic orders put him behind (way behind). Even sent me a few pics of my drawers which I thought was a nice touch. Chucks a good dude, just got too much to handle for how long of a process this apparently is. Offered me my money back and understood if I didn't want to wait anymore. I got all I wanted though (an update), and said w/ that...i'd happily wait another week or two.

Can't wait to get these in their home....

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I really want a few of his drawers, and maybe a couple of shelves. With all the horror stories I have heard on here I might go another route.

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I really want a few of his drawers, and maybe a couple of shelves. With all the horror stories I have heard on here I might go another route.
If having to wait a few months for a quality custom product is a horror story to you, then I don't know what to tell you.

Jeez, the guy got backed up by so many orders...no one has gotten ripped off, and I guarantee you everyone who has placed an order with him will get thier product, and it will be top notch. Has anyone yet said they were unhappy with the product??? No...just the timeline and communication. I for one am glad he doesn't answer everyone's "Where's my order?" emails. Every minute he spends answering emails ABOUT your orders is time that could be spent BUILDING your orders.

I don't mean to blast you Carl, I'm just so sick of everyone pissing and moaning about this. Custom work takes time...especially when you get overloaded with a ton of work. Everyone wants stuff to happen yesterday...have some patience...this isn't IKEA

Everyone just grab a cigar and chill...you'll get your stuff....and you'll love it.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
If having to wait a few months for a quality custom product is a horror story to you, then I don't know what to tell you.

Jeez, the guy got backed up by so many orders...no one has gotten ripped off, and I guarantee you everyone who has placed an order with him will get thier product, and it will be top notch. Has anyone yet said they were unhappy with the product??? No...just the timeline and communication. I for one am glad he doesn't answer everyone's "Where's my order?" emails. Every minute he spends answering emails ABOUT your orders is time that could be spent BUILDING your orders.

I don't mean to blast you Carl, I'm just so sick of everyone pissing and moaning about this. Custom work takes time...especially when you get overloaded with a ton of work. Everyone wants stuff to happen yesterday...have some patience...this isn't IKEA

Everyone just grab a cigar and chill...you'll get your stuff....and you'll love it.
Dude, I love my trays but come on. You think that Chas is spending every second not sending emails working on your trays? Have you ever read through any of the threads at cigar asylum where he has excuse after excuse after excuse for not working on the trays for days or weeks at a time?
Custom work does take time, he does have a great product but he has no work ethic and no communication skills. If he had a little drive, he could be pumping them out twice as fast, maybe faster and at a better profit for him. I have not kept up with the threads since I got my trays but right before I got mine he was let go from his job and he was going to do this full time. Since then it seems like it takes even longer to get them.... How does that make sense?
He needs to step it up and he and others need to stop making excuses for delays in a product he has built hundreds of times.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Dude, I love my trays but come on. You think that Chas is spending every second not sending emails working on your trays? Have you ever read through any of the threads at cigar asylum where he has excuse after excuse after excuse for not working on the trays for days or weeks at a time?
Custom work does take time, he does have a great product but he has no work ethic and no communication skills.
I have to agree w/ Justin here as well. I haven't read through the CA threads...but having personally went through the debacle of the order process w/ Chuck, and experienced first hand his lack of communication... it's frustrating, to say the least. My order will at least take 5 months to fill, and according to his automated emails, I should've had the drawers over two months ago now.

The intent of my post above was not to offer excuses for Chuck, but reassurance to others that he will respond, and undoubtedly is getting your emails.

I don't think it's a coincidence the 1st email I mentioned wanting my money back was the only one I got a response to. I'd like to think otherwise, but who knows.

Either way, the drawers look awesome, and I'm looking forward to getting them...so he can move on to helping someone else, who I'm sure has been waiting far too long.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0

I would have no problem waiting as long as it takes, as long as there was some communication. I understand custom work takes time, and sometimes things dont go as planned, and that is just fine. I also think the people that have been waiting months for their orders, with no communication, have every right to piss and moan. Judging by the pictures on the website the guy does very nice work. That doesnt give him the right to ignore his customers. Just my opinion.

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I don't know...I've had zero communication problems...(then again, I'm not emailing him every other day asking about my order either). He emailed me without me every saying a word to him to offer me a refend on my shelves because my order slipped through the cracks. So I basically got 2 shelves for free. I'm still waiting on the trays of course, like everyone else, but I went into it knowing they were going to take a while.

Seems to me if the lack of communication was such a big deal, people would stop ordering from him...there are, after all, other alternatives. Something about his product must be worth the hassle for people to keep ordering from him.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
This doesn't sound good. I have one of Chasden's first drawers, from when he was starting out and sent out a batch to a few folks for testing. It's nicely made, and his newer stuff looks even nicer. I planned to order some shelves from him at some point, but I don't think I have the patience to wait for them.

I guess I'll make some myself. Unfortunately, I have to drive about 45 minutes to get affordable spanish cedar; the small boards at my local Woodcraft are expensive.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Asher -

check out Ebay and Craigslist - you'd be surprised what you can find! And agree 100% with Woodcraft...their bf cost is ridonkulous on sp cedar.

Now, in regards to custom work...I'll throw it out there...you want a mass produced product, go out and buy it. You want custom work? It doesn't happen overnight, people.

I've dealt with hundreds of custom makers - here's a thought that some people fail to realize - THEY HAVE A LIFE AS WELL!

Do you spend 168 hours a week at your job? Try it sometime.

I had a knife made for an old friend that took 14 months from start to finish.

I had another made that took 8 months - and the maker lived around the corner from me (still does).

Anyone familiar with Willow Bow Ranch in Wyoming? The wait list is measured in YEARS.

Randall Knives? 3 to 5 YEARS from the factory.

But hey, feel free to jump on the bandwagon throwing accusations around because your "order" for custom work wasn't delivered in 30 minutes or less.

:hammersma

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Asher -

check out Ebay and Craigslist - you'd be surprised what you can find! And agree 100% with Woodcraft...their bf cost is ridonkulous on sp cedar.

Now, in regards to custom work...I'll throw it out there...you want a mass produced product, go out and buy it. You want custom work? It doesn't happen overnight, people.

I've dealt with hundreds of custom makers - here's a thought that some people fail to realize - THEY HAVE A LIFE AS WELL!

I had another made that took 8 months - and the maker lived around the corner from me (still does).

Anyone familiar with Willow Bow Ranch in Wyoming? The wait list is measured in YEARS.

But hey, feel free to jump on the bandwagon throwing accusations around because your "order" for custom work wasn't delivered in 30 minutes or less.

I once took over an hour pushing out a turd that ended up being the size of a large marble.....if that doesn't attest to my patience, I don't know what else to tell you.

I'd say more, but you don't seem to get it.....and I fear I'd be wasting my time...

So i'm gonna stick w/ the poo-poo story.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Asher -

Hey Tobi if the guy keeps telling ya 2 more weeks, 2 more weeks, 2 more weeks, 2 more weeks after 5 months it gets old period. Hand crafted or not.

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Okay hell with it, I have no dog in this but this thread never ends and everyone seems to have an opinion so here is mine. No way I would wait that long for such a simple product, Nice work or not drawers and trays are not rocket science.

Now everyone knows if they order they have to wait months, Cool enjoy your drawers.