What's new

Chasidor?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No way I would wait that long for such a simple product
This on a site that has posts in April about a cigar being released at Halloween...

Where's that thread about Pete's "Monster Series" for next year?

And I can't freaking wait for next October. I will be getting a box of The Wolf, even if I have to take out second, third and fourth mortgages to do it!!
Yeah, no double standards, not at all.

The irony is hilarious.

:nodlaugh:

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Pretty simple for me no double standards, I have several people who would build em for me or I can do it myself if I really needed em. hard to compare woodworking to cigars :)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hard to compare woodworking to cigars :)
Custom work is custom work. We're talking about the wait for a product.

People are already talking about mortgaging their house for a cigar that won't be on the market for ELEVEN MONTHS.

Think about that. That's all I am pointing out.

As for woodworking?

Do tell, what is Bob Staebell's average wait time? Arlin Liss? Vigilant?

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Bob, Arlin, Matt and others build full humis. He's building standard drawers 20 at a time. Bob Arlin and Matt will give u a build time and when that time comes your order will be shipped within a couple of weeks. Not 3-4 months after the product was suppose to be finished and shipped.

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Custom work is custom work. We're talking about the wait for a product.

People are already talking about mortgaging their house for a cigar that won't be on the market for ELEVEN MONTHS.

Think about that. That's all I am pointing out.

As for woodworking?

Do tell, what is Bob Staebell's average wait time? Arlin Liss? Vigilant?
No. Bob and Arlin run a business. Bob gives a time and my understanding he keeps that time.

The difference is Bob and Arlin have run businesses and have it for years. Chuck got, to his own admission, in over his head. Way over his head. However, that doesn't excuse his general lack of communication.

I can call up Bob and have a thirty minute conversation with him at seemingly any time, horror stories from Chuck seem to indicate that he can't even respond to an e-mail.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bob has a staff. Arlin has a staff. Chuck has HIMSELF.

HUGE difference.

By all means, pile on him for being a ONE MAN operation.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Bob has a staff. Arlin has a staff. Chuck has HIMSELF.

HUGE difference.

By all means, pile on him for being a ONE MAN operation.
You still don't get it.

If you give a timeline on delivery (as Chuck does)....you should deliver the product by that time...or at the very least, shortly thereafter. Period.

I've said before, and i'll say it again, I (as I assume everyone else who ordered), is fine w/ waiting...no biggie. Just don't tell us one thing (will be delivered in 3-5 business days), then do another (not delivered even 2 months beyond that initial 3-5 business days), and then proceed to NOT communicate to your customers.

Chuck needs to remove his timeframe expectations he currently offers, and change it to 4-6 months to complete an order. That would be fine, and people who order would know what to expect, as opposed to finding out in the middle of the process.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You still don't get it.
No, YOU don't.

As posted earlier

I've dealt with hundreds of custom makers - here's a thought that some people fail to realize - THEY HAVE A LIFE AS WELL!

Do you spend 168 hours a week at your job? Try it sometime.
How would you feel if I kept throwing rocks at you while you were mowing my lawn?

There are 168 hours in a week if you can't do the math. When you feel froggy enough to spend 168 hours at your job with no break, let's see how enthusiastic YOU are at answering a bunch of whiny emails....

This thread reeks horribly of [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4"]THIS[/ame]

Which is exactly why I posted -

But hey, feel free to jump on the bandwagon throwing accusations around because your "order" for custom work wasn't delivered in 30 minutes or less.

:hammersma

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
LOL

Your avatar is very fitting.

I feel as though you will push your point regardless of the facts and the opinion of the masses. Sure, custom products take time but a successful business is open to customer suggestions and opinions, if not they're business takes a dive, quickly.

Nobody here minds waiting and I think this is the point you are missing. I would wait 12 months if that was the time frame I got, but at 12 months I better be getting a dc number. Like jfire said, the two more weeks, two more weeks, two more weeks..... gets old quick. When every excuse in the book is used up I guess its time to write your own.

Just the opinion of a guy that waited three times longer than the quoted time frame and heard about the sniffles, a frozen gutter, a broken ladder, the grand kids coming for a visit, the heater breaking....... Just saying.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I don't have a horse in this race but have thought about ordering from him. To me, it is a matter of your word. If you tell me something is going to be done at a certain time, I expect it to be done.

His work looks fantastic and would be worth the wait. Simple as that. Just tell us that it will take that long or don't take any more orders.

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
Funny when someone fights so hard, backs into a corner, brings up irrelevant facts and then won't just admit they are wrong.

Sounds like the guy promised a date, didn't deliver, and sucked at communication? Crummy way to do business.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOL

Your avatar is very fitting.
It certainly applies to those whining in this thread, now, doesn't it?

Funny...when you look at the "Contact us" page on his website -

All email is answered as soon as possible.

Please understand that during peak construction times and weekends
it may take a day or two to respond to inquires.
I'd put a paycheck on the table as a bet that those complaining have NEVER ordered anything "custom" before they ordered from Chuck.

Rating - 100%
123   0   0
On the contrary tobii3... I have before. And during the ordering process a time frame was posted. When that time frame came and went without any notification I sent an e-mail and it was answered by the end of the second day. The problem was resolved. That is the way it is supposed to work.

I sent Chuck 3 e-mails with absolutely NO response... NONE. So when you say "Funny...when you look at the "Contact us" page on his website..." forgive me if I take issue with the fact that you are basically calling the guys that have had problems with the order filling process idiots. I don't know what stake you have in this if any and I could care less. The fact is a number of us have stated that we don't have a problem with the product... it's the communication and customer service that is lacking.

Two suggestions that I would have for Chuck is this... 1. State a more acurate time frame when we order. 2. If it is going to take so long to complete the order don't take all the money up front. Take a deposit then get the rest before the order ships. I guarantee the good-will gained from this along with the nice product he puts out would easily overcome the ill-will that has built up.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Wow, this thread is entertaining! Curious though, for those who are fanatically supporting this lack of customer service: have you ever been in a situation where you had to wait 4-8 months longer than expected for something with absolutely NO communication as to why, let alone when or if you'll even get your order? I suspect not.
Hell, if it was me, I'd just take those 4 months to learn how to make the damn shelves myself.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Wow, this thread is entertaining! Curious though, for those who are fanatically supporting this lack of customer service: have you ever been in a situation where you had to wait 4-8 months longer than expected for something with absolutely NO communication as to why, let alone when or if you'll even get your order? I suspect not.
Hell, if it was me, I'd just take those 4 months to learn how to make the damn shelves myself.
Rofl.

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'd put a paycheck on the table as a bet that those complaining have NEVER ordered anything "custom" before they ordered from Chuck.
I've had things painted, framed, sewn, constructed. All more custom than my shelves from Chasidor, which are custom, but at this point in production. I didn't have a different wine cooler from everyone else, didn't order with any unique wood, didn't ask for special hinges or slots, just some stained Edgestar shelves and drawers. The difference with all of the other custom things I've ordered in my not so lengthy lifetime is that they were ordered in person in a storefront that I could visit and from businesses that were a bit more established.

My family has been in the jewelry business for years. (Not me though) Are there times in which I recall my father having to work well beyond his normal hours to finish a job? Yes. Were there times in which work went home? Absolutely. However, when something clearly wasn't possible of being done, people would get phone calls.

Most times, it would take an extra day and people wouldn't care. Quite frankly, I don't care that much. It just would be nice to get some communication as to when I might expect the shelves I ordered in June.