What's new

Chasidor?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It certainly applies to those whining in this thread, now, doesn't it?

Funny...when you look at the "Contact us" page on his website -

I'd put a paycheck on the table as a bet that those complaining have NEVER ordered anything "custom" before they ordered from Chuck.
I am in the same boat as SOFC, I dont have a horse in this race. I did however send an email to him on his "contact us" part of the site regarding timeline and price. I heard nothing. I would have been happy with an automated reply saying "its going to take a long time, just wait". His work looks amazing, there is no debate on that. If I click on the "order" bar on his website, and he tells me it will be 8-12 months, fine. No problem with that.
Quote from his site:

"Most Pieces are cut in advance and assembled per order.
Please allow 3-4 weeks for these units to be completed"

A good job takes time, but be realistic with your customers, and keep them up to date. If there is a delay, fine, I can deal with that, but at least pass some info on to the customer.

This thread has gone crazy. I still would order from him because his work looks great. But..... a little communication goes a long way.

My cigar just went out typing all of this, what a waste.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow, this thread is entertaining! Curious though, for those who are fanatically supporting this lack of customer service: have you ever been in a situation where you had to wait 4-8 months longer than expected for something with absolutely NO communication as to why, let alone when or if you'll even get your order? I suspect not.
Hell, if it was me, I'd just take those 4 months to learn how to make the damn shelves myself.
Go back and take a look at post #57.

By all means, let's see your drawer and shelf making skills.

Maybe then you will understand what custom work really entails?

:rofl:

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
For what it's worth, the drawer are beautiful. Grant it custom work takes time but when you're running a business communication is essential. It's always better to under promise and over deliver.

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I have all my felt Cowboy Hats custom made. They are made out of Beaver (the kind that swim in ponds children). I wait four months for a custom made hat. They cost around an average of $1,000 each. I get just what I want.

They are worth every minute and every dollar!

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
At least everyone agrees by now:) communication is essential.
Contraire mon frere....I've seen no such admittance from tobii...

Judging by his posts we should be waiting YEARS before any type of communication is necessary.

After all, have YOU ever tried to work 8 days a week as a sole proprietor??

Didn't think so.

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Go back and take a look at post #57.

By all means, let's see your drawer and shelf making skills.

Maybe then you will understand what custom work really entails?

:rofl:
Touche! But still, that was SOOO not the point of my post. Like many others here, I was talking about the lack of communication.
4-8 months is not at all unreasonable, UNLESS you were quoted 3-4 weeks and never told otherwise.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Contraire mon frere....I've seen no such admittance from tobii...

Judging by his posts we should be waiting YEARS before any type of communication is necessary.

Didn't think so.
Eh, everyone has 24 hrs in a day just like everyone else only thing that makes them different is how they choose to spend that precious time. That and a bit of math;)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, let's see here.

I'm paying someone to make something for me, I'm not paying for them to park at their desk and answer every piss bitch whine and moan email, nor am I paying them to listen to 47 voicemails of "opinions" from those who feel they can do a better job.

I contract someone for their WORK. Not to talk on the phone, not to sit on their a$$ and answer emails. For their WORK.

If it takes extra time, so be it. THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE PAYING FOR. This what defines CUSTOM from MASS PRODUCED.

You guys are b*tching like you got screwed out of thousands of dollars.

Chas does UNBELIEVABLE work at "tapwater" prices, you guys flood him with orders because you're too cheap...then bitch about his delivery time?

Ron posted a thread about an Avallo 1000 for sale....and there's all of ONE post in 5 hours...with 46 views...speaks VOLUMES.

:bickering

I've been a Paratrooper for 21+ years - you want to try and wear my boots sometime, PLEASE feel free to step forward.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
There is obviously no progress being made here on either side. Lets agree to disagree/

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm paying someone to make something for me, I'm not paying for them to park at their desk and answer every piss bitch whine and moan email, nor am I paying them to listen to 47 voicemails of "opinions" from those who feel they can do a better job.

I contract someone for their WORK. Not to talk on the phone, not to sit on their a$$ and answer emails. For their WORK.

If it takes extra time, so be it. THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE PAYING FOR. This what defines CUSTOM from MASS PRODUCED.
KPP ordered:
4 Cocobolo double drawers @$46.50 each = Total of $186

Vivalanation ordered:
1 Single Drawer @ $29.75 = $29.75
1 Double Drawer @ $38.50 = $77.00
3 shelves @ $17.75ea = $53.25
Total of $160

SEVEN pages of whining over LESS than $200??

You have GOT to be fugging kidding me.

Seven pages of GROWN MEN whining, pissing, b*tching and moaning over less than $200....on a cigar board where we routinely drop well over $200 on ONE box of cigars...

Really? REALLY?

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Hahaha! Once again, (and my last post here, cuz this is getting out of hand) nobody is b!tching about price. Nobody is b!tching about a wait. They are upset, and rightfully so, about the lack of communication. I'll say it again, LACK OF COMMUNICATION. Choose to ignore it and argue other things, but still that's what this thread was about.