What's new

Chasidor?

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I placed an order about 4 weeks ago... emailed him a few days ago and I haven't heard anything since I made my order. Anyone else have an order recently or hear anything from him recently?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
From his website.

Update Sept 14, 2010

Shipping Schedule this week

Yesterday I printed the work orders for what I believe I can finish this week but those orders will not ship until early next week. I will be out of town Friday and Saturday since my 70 year old mother wants to do a drive along at Lowe's Motor Speedway for her birthday. So we are off to Charlotte this weekend to stuff her into a stock car and watch her go fast! Last week was a big week for completing orders and I still have a few to pack and ship from those also. There has been an unusual amount of solid bottoms and glass tops the last few weeks and I ran out of glass this weekend. I ordered new glass Monday morning and they receive their deliveries on Tuesdays and Thursdays. If they don't get it until Thursday, a few of those orders may not get shipped until I get back since I will not get it in time to pack.

http://www.chasidorhumidors.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=15

Also note the update on the left that states what orders he is currently working on.

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
For the record, four weeks for anything, particularly anything that isn't solid cedar, isn't really that long. I ordered stained first week of July... it's now... yeah.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I just received my replacement shelves yesterday. The new ones fit my Avanti perfectly. He hasn't been responding to recent e-mails, but he is sending his stuff out. My understanding is that he's extremely busy fulfilling his orders.

I'm sure he'll catch up on his messages shortly.

Regards,
Randy

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Patience my friend. I ordered from Chas last year and it took awhile but it's well worth the wait. He is very busy and spends his time finishing the product rather than being online. Not the best customer service, but he's working hard and I'm totally satisfied with what I got.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I think I waited 6 months total for what I ordered. Great craftsmanship, they fit perfectly and were shipped very professionally.... The time frame is obviously his downfall, throughout the entire process he had maybe 15 different excuses as to why he had to delay the shipments, real or not, business is business and they should be done in the quoted time. That being said, if I were to need more (2nd wine cooler maybe? :agreesmil ) I would order from Chasden, wait again and not stress over it at all.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
maybe 15 different excuses as to why he had to delay the shipments, real or not, business is business and they should be done in the quoted time.
Unfortunately in the business of a handcrafted product delay is often the norm rather than the exception. Worked for a tile place that imported handcrafted marble inlays for high dollar homes, we always quoted 2 months longer than we were quoted. That being said, I ordered from Chasden and more than happy with my shelves and drawers. Money well spent and worth the wait.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Unfortunately in the business of a handcrafted product delay is often the norm rather than the exception.
Yep, I understand that. Working in the construction world I see it all the time. That being said, he does make the timeline, this is his source of income, he takes on as many orders as he can handle, he has made a ton of these... I just think by now he should know how to properly quote someone a time frame.

I would wait the 6 months again and do it with a smile on my face if I knew it was going to be that long. The whole, "its going to be 2-3 more days" then a week later "it might be another week or two" etc. etc. etc. gets really old.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
The whole, "its going to be 2-3 more days" then a week later "it might be another week or two" etc. etc. etc. gets really old.
Going through this right now actually. Made my order at the end of June. Got an email over 10 days ago, that it should ship within 3-5 days. Nothing since.

I've been patient, and know he's got his hands full....I'm just anxious to get my Vino up and running, so I can actually assess my "space issues"....LOL!

With the quality of the product, this is something that certainly seems like it's worth waiting for.

We're just lucky there's a BOTL out there like Chuck who makes stuff like this, for cigar junkies like us to put in our friggen Wine-a-dors....:yes:

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I would wait the 6 months again and do it with a smile on my face if I knew it was going to be that long. The whole, "its going to be 2-3 more days" then a week later "it might be another week or two" etc. etc. etc. gets really old.
Who are you kidding Justin, you would bitch and moan to us in chat about it just like last time, lol.

But yes, I do agree that his stuff is more than worth the wait. Maybe he should overestimate the time it takes instead of underestimate it.

Rating - 100%
123   0   0
His product is very nice. My problem is I need to cancel an order that I made over a month ago (and it's not even close to being started on if the order tracker on the site is accurate) and have sent a couple of e-mails with absolutely no response. I sent the first one 2 weeks ago tomorrow and the second one a couple of days ago. It is fairly frustrating.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
His product is very nice. My problem is I need to cancel an order that I made over a month ago (and it's not even close to being started on if the order tracker on the site is accurate) and have sent a couple of e-mails with absolutely no response. I sent the first one 2 weeks ago tomorrow and the second one a couple of days ago. It is fairly frustrating.
Maybe canceling is not the best idea for you. If I were you I would post your spot and what you ordered in the TR and see if someone had the same unit/tastes as you do. It would save someone a month or 2 in line.... :dunno:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Luck...I had to try and do the same thing. The place I ordered my cooler from canceled my order on me. I was going to be stuck with $200 worth of drawers and not place in my budget to get the winecooler. I emailed everyday for a week. Even left a PM on the forum he frequents. After about a week, I get an email from the place I ordered the cooler, they could in-fact get more and would I want to reinstate my order. YES...so I emailed Chas saying I no longer wanted to cancel my order from him. He responded with in a couple of hours.....I absolutely believe he saw all my emails to cancel, but chose to do nothing..Do I love my shelves/trays..Yes, absolutely. Would I order again, probably. Would I recommend him to a friend....No.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
You guys and your custom shelves. I don't get it. My shelves took me an hour, a couple old cigar boxes, and some hillbilly ingenuity, and i've been going ever since.