What's new

Cheapies that are actually tasty?

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I also got a 5er of the EPC Core Short Run 2013. Forget how much exactly -- it was more than the PDR but not by much. Anyway, it was delicious, and as far as I could tell every bit as good as some sticks that go for $5/$6 per.
Thought this was worth a bump since I'm absolutely ecstatic about these and almost feel guilty about 'stealing' them. I've been scooping them up from cbid for two and three bucks a piece. They are incredible. I'd put them up against any mild/medium-ish NC in a blind taste.
I'm a little concerned because I noticed that CI is out of boxes of robs, so these might be nearly done.

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Guerilla warfare viva Republica, tatuaje Havana 6 vercou no 5, they are small cheap and tasty
Undercrown (4 bucks cigar auctioneer), and carnios by famous and obsidian

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
My limited experience with cigars under $5:

Anything AJ Fernandez packs flavor
PDR is usually a good choice
Sanco Panza Double Maduro
Gran Habano Vintage 2002
Ramon Bueso Genesis
Padron x000 maduros

Diesel Unholy Cocktail is my personal favorite.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
CI Cohiba Knock-Off is my cheapie pick every time. I've ordered the Toro and Robusto vitolas, and the Robs are better, but both are outstanding, price considered. They're not going to outshine any top shelf smokes, but you'll never have a complaint. I've never even had a plugged one. Worst thing I've ever had happen is a damaged wrapper from shipping, and one or two wrappers cracked just as I was ready to nub 'em.