What's new

Cheapies that are actually tasty?

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Damn WORST smoke you've ever smoked? I've never even seen a bad review on them lmao.
He must of never smoked a gurkha lol
I haven't. I have one aging in my humi but it's long as shit so I'm waiting
The ancient warrior? I got one too, I dunno when I'll ever get to that thing lol
That's it!!
Lmao i got one too. Prob aged for a year. Always either think it will burn too long or I'll hate it so i always skim over. Got it for $2 on cbid
Got mine from the guy at the Kia dealership. He said its the one they made before the current Ancient Warrior.
Nice, i feel like I'll never actually smoke mine. Prob give to someone who smokes with me at some point who doesn't really appreciate cigars.

Especially now that I've participated around here i have so many new sticks i have to try:)

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I did find that I had to power through the first couple of minutes but, after that, it became pretty enjoyable.

BUT, it's going to take a while to get through those 8"

Hmmm... Maybe a 5-er to anyone who can nub it under 30 minutes? Probably a bad idea
Interesting contest. Like drinking gallon of milk in under an hour...lmao
That's exactly what I was thinking of as I typed that

halel

Banned
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Damn WORST smoke you've ever smoked? I've never even seen a bad review on them lmao.
The ancient warrior? I got one too, I dunno when I'll ever get to that thing lol
That's it!!
Lmao i got one too. Prob aged for a year. Always either think it will burn too long or I'll hate it so i always skim over. Got it for $2 on cbid
Got mine from the guy at the Kia dealership. He said its the one they made before the current Ancient Warrior.
Nice, i feel like I'll never actually smoke mine. Prob give to someone who smokes with me at some point who doesn't really appreciate cigars.

Especially now that I've participated around here i have so many new sticks i have to try:)
I'll try it out when it warms up outside and let you know.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
That's it!!

I'll try it out when it warms up outside and let you know.
Sounds good

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Seems like a separate thread about Gurkhas would have been appropriate.
Fair point, didn't see the thread jacking coming when we started.

To get back on track I'll add Alec Bradley MAXX Brazil to this mix. I've gone through about 12+ of them on the golf course and paid $3 each on cbid in multiple transactions. Smoke good, taste decent, solid middle of the road stick.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Seems like a separate thread about Gurkhas would have been appropriate.
Fair point, didn't see the thread jacking coming when we started.

To get back on track I'll add Alec Bradley MAXX Brazil to this mix. I've gone through about 12+ of them on the golf course and paid $3 each on cbid in multiple transactions. Smoke good, taste decent, solid middle of the road stick.
Ill second this, at 2.50 or 3 bucks this is a good smoke.

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
Any mention of La Vieja Habana in here?
Good point. I've only had a few, and that was 4-5 years ago. But I just saw them in a catalog and wondered with all the DE lovers on here, why is there never a mention?

It's a good stick, and can be had for $40/box in the right place. First drew estate I ever had.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Today I managed to find 7-20-4 Robustos on the monster for 24.95. They are VERY good smokes but I know generally they arent under 5 bucks

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Most of the cheapies posted so far are still above five bucks north of the borders due to canadian laws and taxes.

The one "under 3$" smoke I discovered is the Bravos Junior Maduro. They also have junior connecticut but I prefer the maduro.

They are in those bundles of twenty from brands you dont know. I bought them with the express intention of comparing two cigars that only had a different wrapper, but ended up very surprised.

At that price point, you can't go wrong. 3$ CAD for a 4x43 that does not taste bad is awesome. I believe the 20-pack bundles can be bought online for less than 30$.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
NL Potencia - Good
La Libertad - Thought this was different and not too bad
MOW - Any AJF blend is usually pretty good
5V High Primings - I enjoyed the only two I've smoked so far
Illusione R Rothchildes - Delicious
Intemperance BA XXI Petitos - Not sure if these are considered cheap, but they're amazing
Gurkha Ghost - Only Gurkha I've enjoyed. Again, not sure if they're cheap but I did enjoy it

Stay away from Honduran 3000 from Famous. Terrible flavor profile, inconsistent burn, ugly looking stick and ugly looking band.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Try Cigars International - Diesel Unholy Cocktail, Diesel Shorty, Right around $3 a stick. Not a bad daily smoke