What's new

Cheapies that are actually tasty?

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Man O' War seconds from CI are very good. Also, check out the close out pages at Atlantic Cigars.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
$2 and under:
PDR Oscuros
JLP Cremas (CC)
Casa de Garcia (Sumatra)

$4 and under:
Baitfish
Perdomo 10th Maduro
Tatuaje PCR
Illusione Rothschild
PDR 1878 Oscuro
Quinteros Favoritos (CC)
Oba Oba Maduro

$5-ish
Fuente 858 Maduro
Padron x000 Maduros
Undercrown Corona Viva

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Some cheaper ones that I've tried and liked are the Diesel Unholy Cocktail and the La Perla Habana Black Pearl Original Maduro.

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
I'll second a few of these:

Diesel unholy cocktail with some age is one of the best smokes I've ever had.
Anything perdomo Maduro. Lot 23 is the best. But the frescos from time to time can be found for 1.50 each and is a great value for that.

Once you step up in the $3-4 range there's a whole bunch of stuff. My father sticks can be had for that price.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
OK, There are a lot of really good cigars for under $5 even under $3.
Here are a few more

JR Ultimates are a fine smoke but fuller body as are the edicione limitada alternatives. I had the Emdmundo and Montecristo C. The Monte C alternative ed. lim. reminded me alot of Undercrown
Also from JR are the Consuegra. They are Punch and Hoyo de Monterey seconds. A little time in humi are really tastey

Gran Habano Vintage 2002 can be had for around $2.50
AB 90+ rated seconds with a few months rest are really good
AJ Fernandez Overruns with a few months age are very good

If you look at the CI site TODAY 1/17 Joe Cigar special: Don Pepin Garcia Blue Orinal 39.95 10 cigars ///Also weekly special is 20 RP Torpedo sampler for 69.95 (good blends)

I'll be back later

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I've also heard Famous has something called the Alec Bradley Supervisor Selection, and it's supposed to be pretty good.
These things are pretty good bang/buck... there was a bundle of these at my buddy's wedding for anyone who wasn't a smoker, but wanted to herf with the rest of us (the groom is a BOTL, too). I grabbed one for the afternoon while we were shooting photos prior to the ceremony (I was the best man), so I didn't care if I had to repeatedly relight... it was pretty nice.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
i love the 5 Vegas Serie A. Got their little ones for $19 per 15 pack on CI. The larger ones i bought for $42/mazo of 20

Tasty, burn well, cheap as heck. Great for yard, car, etc.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
For what they're asking for the Room 101s its really hard to go wrong. In my experience, getting sticks that run $3 a piece always end up being much better than the super cheap bundles or random brands you've never heard of before that cost less than $2 a pop. This is just my opinion though and other people may have a different experience then me about that.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
For what they're asking for the Room 101s its really hard to go wrong. In my experience, getting sticks that run $3 a piece always end up being much better than the super cheap bundles or random brands you've never heard of before that cost less than $2 a pop. This is just my opinion though and other people may have a different experience then me about that.
I smoked a namikubi(think that's the spelling) room 101 earlier this week and really enjoyed it. $5 at bm

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are so many at/under $4 but here's my list of cheapies:

Casa de Garcia $1.50 (good yard/garage smoke but not a whole lot more)
Perdomo Slow Aged 826 $2
Partagas $2-5 depending on which one, up to $15
Cult $3.50
5Vegas classic (most vegas are affordable in this price range really) $2-4
Flor De Oliva $1.50-2.50
Isla del Sol for the rare infusion flavor $3
Diamondback $1.50 (probably my favorite bare bones broke $$ cigar!)
baccarat for real mild (i'm not a fan of a smoke this mild but it wasn't a bad gar) ?? $2 ??
carlos torano 1916 about $4
Curly Heads (inconsistent reviews but i do enjoy them, haven't had a poor one yet) $2-4

There are so many once you break the $4-5 point to choose from. the CT 1916 was my most recent cigar and was very enjoyable, mild in front gaining strength to the nub. nice flavors and great burn.

my co-worker smokes Don Rafael as a daily smoke....i cant say that i will ever be buying those things....he also doesn't keep them properly so if i do end up with one in humi i usually let it sit for at least a month then it becomes more tolerable.

Cheapies i Avoid:

Quorum (aweful!!!)
Don Rafael (read above)
factory thowouts (really...)
cuban rejects ( i had one decent one and rest junk, b-day gift from non smoker)

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
there are so many at/under $4 but here's my list of cheapies:

Casa de Garcia $1.50 (good yard/garage smoke but not a whole lot more)
Perdomo Slow Aged 826 $2
Partagas $2-5 depending on which one, up to $15
Cult $3.50
5Vegas classic (most vegas are affordable in this price range really) $2-4
Flor De Oliva $1.50-2.50
Isla del Sol for the rare infusion flavor $3
Diamondback $1.50 (probably my favorite bare bones broke $$ cigar!)
baccarat for real mild (i'm not a fan of a smoke this mild but it wasn't a bad gar) ?? $2 ??
carlos torano 1916 about $4
Curly Heads (inconsistent reviews but i do enjoy them, haven't had a poor one yet) $2-4

There are so many once you break the $4-5 point to choose from. the CT 1916 was my most recent cigar and was very enjoyable, mild in front gaining strength to the nub. nice flavors and great burn.

my co-worker smokes Don Rafael as a daily smoke....i cant say that i will ever be buying those things....he also doesn't keep them properly so if i do end up with one in humi i usually let it sit for at least a month then it becomes more tolerable.

Cheapies i Avoid:

Quorum (aweful!!!)
Don Rafael (read above)
factory thowouts (really...)
cuban rejects ( i had one decent one and rest junk, b-day gift from non smoker)

Other Cheapiest to avoid:
Don Lugo
Don Augusto
Don Chu Chu
Not a fan of Victor Sinclair

Other Cheapies that are ok
Don Lino
The Cusano Budget line P1, M1, etc

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the gurkha lines myself titan and beast are two of my favorite. I never pay more than 2 a stick for gurkha on cigarbid I have a humidor loaded with beauty beast crest status titan warlord ect all for 2 or less can't be beat in my book. And 5 vegas gold Maduro and serie a also

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Last edited:

d-boy

Zach Emerson DeBoy
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Illusione Rothchildes. Tasty little sticks.
I had to look through the thread so I wouldn't post the same thing as someone else but the Rothchildes are phenomenal sticks for the price.

Also the Mode 5's by Roma Craft are great but to get them down in the cheaper category you would most likely have to grab a box. It would be roughly about $5 a stick then.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Tasty Cheapies....
http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1615249/EP-Carrillo-Cardinal-Maduro-52-10-Cigars/ $3.25 + shipping
http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1641796/EP-Carrillo-New-Wave-Brillantes-5-Pack/ $2.60 + shipping
http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1642769/Pinar-del-Rio-Small-Batch-Black-Corojo-Toro-Box-of-20/ $1.05 + shipping

Each is very consistent and very tasty. The Cardinal and the PDR aren't terribly complex, but both are smooth and taste nothing like most cigars at those price points. The EPC NWC is my absolute favorite NC morning cigar.