What's new

Cheapies that are actually tasty?

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
If you like the Ramon Bueso Genesis The Project.. Cbid just put 150 boxes up, starting at $34.99 a box.. my guess is they will end up going around $40 a box..

since they normally retail at $90.. and occasionally will go "on sale" for $59 (which I think is an excellent price for them).. this has potential to be a great deal on a really good "cheapie" (assuming you like them)..
Unfortunately, they put up bundles of 10, instead of boxes. However, last box of robs I won from cbid was only $52 (plus shipping.)

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
CAO black are great and I love 5Vegas Gold.
Nice to hear, i have two 5 Vegas gold maduros in the humi that I've been reluctant to smoke.

Worst stick I ever smoked ymmv.
Man ill co-sign this. I split the 5 vegas sampler pack from cigarfest and had them in the humi for about 3 months. Every one but the limitada was nasty (and that one had a very thin cracked wrapper). I was wondering if they were just defects or 2nds.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
If you like the Ramon Bueso Genesis The Project.. Cbid just put 150 boxes up, starting at $34.99 a box.. my guess is they will end up going around $40 a box..

since they normally retail at $90.. and occasionally will go "on sale" for $59 (which I think is an excellent price for them).. this has potential to be a great deal on a really good "cheapie" (assuming you like them)..
Unfortunately, they put up bundles of 10, instead of boxes. However, last box of robs I won from cbid was only $52 (plus shipping.)
I bought a box for 55 after shipping a couple months ago. Just have patience, you can have em under 3 bucks

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I agree with many of the above recommendations. One that hasn't been mentioned is the CAO Brazilia. It's hugely underrated for the price, in my newb opinion, and much better than the CAO black to my palate.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
For those of you who like the Brazilia, check out the Final Blend from Famous. It's a surprisingly tasty, very inexpensive smoke with a Brazilian wrapper. I think at this point, i would take it over the CAO.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Wonder if we should do a cheapie but goodies box pass. It would allow us to try cheaper sticks that we may fall in love with

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Wonder if we should do a cheapie but goodies box pass. It would allow us to try cheaper sticks that we may fall in love with

you've been around long enough.. set it up...

I'd sign up for that box pass.... :)

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0

you've been around long enough.. set it up...

I'd sign up for that box pass.... :)
Who should I ask permission from? I just dont want to do something I cannot do.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I'll shoot you a PM... (not being secretive.. just a lot to type.. and sort of off topic from the OP)...

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Don't know if these are "cheapies" but they are not expensive. EPC Short Run's. Just had my first today and they are not a kick a** but VERY TASTY!
Gotta be more specific (and careful) with these. There's been a couple outstanding EPC Short Runs. The better ones aren't cheap, generally. CI has sold a number of different EPC Short Runs unique to CI -- the few I've tried are awful, but I haven't had them all.

Off top of my head, I've had:
EPC SR 2010 Robusto - Outstanding!!!
EPC SR 2012 NWC Gordo - Not too bad
EPC SR Vintage - Unbelievably bad

Not to be confused with the EPC Limitadas from various years - none of which are very cheap

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Don't know if these are "cheapies" but they are not expensive. EPC Short Run's. Just had my first today and they are not a kick a** but VERY TASTY!
Gotta be more specific (and careful) with these. There's been a couple outstanding EPC Short Runs. The better ones aren't cheap, generally. CI has sold a number of different EPC Short Runs unique to CI -- the few I've tried are awful, but I haven't had them all.

Off top of my head, I've had:
EPC SR 2010 Robusto - Outstanding!!!
EPC SR 2012 NWC Gordo - Not too bad
EPC SR Vintage - Unbelievably bad

Not to be confused with the EPC Limitadas from various years - none of which are very cheap
LOLOL The one I had was the Vintage with some age on it. I thought it was tasty. LOL

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Specifically.....all sourced from cigarbid

Perdomo Tierra del Sol Maduro Corona --- ONLY Corona size maduro -- Nats are really nasty and all other sizes of maddie are so-so at best. Crazy, but this size maduro, to me, is better than a Padron 000 maddie. Very good morning/coffee cigar. I've never paid more than $2 for one.

Gran Habano Corojo #5 Robusto --- never paid more than $3 on cbid --- I love the black cherry flavor I get from these

G.A.R. - WAY under the radar corojo -- perfect construction, great corojo spice

La Duena - not your average cheapie, but routinely under $4 on cbid

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
sorry....lol

Smoke what you like!! I've got a couple cheapies ALWAYS on hand that most here wouldn't ever touch.
no worries! I like the Gran habano Vintage 2002 robustos. some gave them horrible reviews. Just got 20 for $40 off this weeks special from CI. I like them for a bargain smoke to have with my brother in law in his basement with a little scotch

Edit: These are a corojo also