What's new

China Hutch Humidor Conversion with Pics!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here's a question...when I start putting in the cedar...do you think it would be best to cover the mirror in back? My plan is to leave the glass sides but was torn on the mirror. I guess just wondering how much cedar is actually needed

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I don't think you can ever have too much cedar. But if you do not use enough cedar, your cigars will end up wet. Cedar is absorbent and helps to stop moisture from building up. So, pretty important!

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I don't think you can ever have too much cedar. But if you do not use enough cedar, your cigars will end up wet. Cedar is absorbent and helps to stop moisture from building up. So, pretty important!
You can have too much cedar.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
You can have too much cedar.
Agreed - you can have too much cedar. I wrote that in Tapatalk and the sarcastic emoji didn't come through. I love the smell of cedar.

Cedar plays a pivotal part in keeping cigars in an optimal condition. Too little and your cigars will end up on the wet side as cedar absorbs some of the moisture. Too much cedar and you could end up with cigars that are too dry.

If you line the entire inside of your hutch with cedar - you'll be fine. Might I even say, perfect. The mirror would be interesting to keep in the background but it would serve no real purpose except for aesthetics (if you like that look). If it were me, I'd line the whole thing with cedar.