What's new

Cigar Aficionado good mag?

What is your deal with Cigar Aficionado?

• I subscribe and love it!

Votes: 56 19.6%
  • I subscribe and read the articles only

Votes: 23 8.1%
  • I subscribe and read reviews only

Votes: 30 10.5%
  • Don't subscribe, buy news stand instead

Votes: 49 17.2%
  • Don't subscribe, don't read

Votes: 127 44.6%

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I picked up a copy to see more of what you guys are talking about. And I have to second the comments that it is not a cigar magazine, its a lifestyle magazine that cigars fit into.

Cigar press is much better.

Dr. Bunkenstein

aka Bunker
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone bought me a subscription.

I read some of the articles, don't pay much attention to the ratings.

It usually gets "flagged" pretty quick.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
There's no catagory for "Don't subscribe, DO read". They have issues at the local cigar lounge. Great mag if you're into golf & expensive resorts. Cigar content has decreased over the years. If the person on the cover is someone I'm interested in, I'll read the interview. It's sister mag, Wine Spectator, is similar, but at least has a higher content of articles actually about wine.

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I enjoy reading CA. My local B&M has issues dating back to the early 90's I believe and it is entertaining to read the old reviews. Lets just say they were much more honest over a decade ago. But ratings aside I do like it and some of the ratings are still correct.

JGD

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I have a subscription and I enjoy reading it. I usually enjoy Suckling's articles the most, so it will be interesting how the magazine is without him now.

Chubno

Old Fart
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think the magazine isn't for the average cigar Joe. I think the mag is well written and put together very well but just doesn't support my lifestyle.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I subscribe to CA and will continue to do so, but find that I only really read the cigar content. The magazine could lose 2/3 of the content and I'd have just what I wanted. I don't play golf and I don't buy expensive watches. I do wish I had an expensive lifestyle, so I like seeing pretty pictures of private jets and exclusive vacation spots - but I'll never enjoy them.

The cigar ratings don't mean much to me because I tend to listen to my BOTL and podcasts about the cigars that I think I'd want to try.

I enjoy 4 other different cigar mags that I like better - but I'll still get CA because it's cheap and somewhat of a standard in the business.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I got a free subscription for doing a survey on Expedia. I like reading anything cigar related, but its more of a "rich guy" magazine IMO. I think the reviews are heavily influenced by their advertisers. I just recently started playing golf, but only as an outdoor activity to enjoy a few cigars. I have a nice watch, but it hasnt worked for years. Not nice by CA's standards, but still nice. I still wear it when I dress up, only because it looks nice. I think Cigar Snob is a better magazine, more my style.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to BOTL, but have to say what a great site. I never heard of Puff.com until today. My brother in law and myself share a subscripition. I find it to be a little snobish.They usually have 1 good article and I don't take a lot of stock in their ratings. Look at last years #1 selection

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm new to BOTL, but have to say what a great site. I never heard of Puff.com until today. My brother in law and myself share a subscripition. I find it to be a little snobish.They usually have 1 good article and I don't take a lot of stock in their ratings. Look at last years #1 selection
Last year's #1 was the Padron 45,, a completely worthy choice. The year before was the Casa Magna...a good, I guess... cigar.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
This was the first time I ever heard about Phil Ivey, and ever had any interest in Hold-em....that issue sent me down the slippery slope of internet gambling...HELP!!! I like the magazine for the reviews...I wish they would smoke more of the cigar and have more complete reviews. I also like the adds for some reason.. Even though I'm too young to drink, the adds for the different spirits and everything look very appealing to me. I'll probably be a lifetime subscriber unless I find something more appealing to me.

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I already voted but was at a B & mMKinda and picked up a copy to refresh my memory, I really do not like this magazine much, sorry don't mean to offend. I think it's the ad's of stuff I can not even dream of affording. LOL

I will still leaf through free copies but doubt I will ever buy again!

Dave

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you want to read about golf or gambling (because that is all they seem to write about lately) and read a few cigar reviews, CA is the magazine for you.

If you want to read cigar, cigar accessories, pipes and/or tobacco related articles, then try Cigar magazine or ECCJ.

Choice is yours.