What's new

Cigar Aficionado Top 25 2014

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Again (and I know this is a subjective list. I actually typically defend them), I don't think that is the best cigar in the world. To me the regular Serie V is superior. How about the V Lance???

Ha. Oh well, it certainly gets people talking!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How Do You Feel About the #1...The Oliva V Series Melanio? Good cigar but i do not think deserving of the #1 spot

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again (and I know this is a subjective list. I actually typically defend them), I don't think that is the best cigar in the world. To me the regular Serie V is superior. How about the V Lance???

Ha. Oh well, it certainly gets people talking!
i feel like the regular v series is better and even the melanio maduro is fantastic but this one to me falls short in terms of flavor

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I have not had the figurado. I only had the Melanio #4. I had a couple examples. I personally did not care for the melanio. I LOVE the V though.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like the top 25 as rated by consumers (like the folks here) would come to a different conclusion. Maybe I'm wrong. But for example, I don't see many posts raving about NC Montecristo.

That said, I am curious to try one now.
I liked it. Actually quite nice. Top 10 for me.

jonnylieberman

Ask Me About Outrage
Rating - 97.5%
53   1   0
I think you have to take any "top x" list with a grain of salt. Whether it be Cigars, beers, cars, watches... whatever. The funny thing is how revved up people get here for a magazine they never agree with anyway. Most here have probably never even smoked the Rocky Patel Royale, but yet are outraged it beat out Padron, Opus, etc... Not saying it's any better, but blindly smoke 700+ cigars and let's see what your list looks like. Again, I am not justifying any list, just always get a kick out of the "list outrage" we see every year. Any time people are talking about Cigars it's a good thing IMO.
Certain car magazine lists are better than others.