What's new

Cigar Aficionado Top 25

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Hmm, interesting thread.

Antilles, wow. I have a pre-release bundle a very good friend gave me a while back. Guess I should snap it open and see what all the fuss is about.

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I love that the FdlA is number 1! My company is the only one that distributes them so more sales for me! That being said I disagree with the rating...

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
The FdlA is a great stick. Congratulations to the Garcias on this well deserved honor. As for the all the whailing and gnashing of teeth that comes along with the CA list each year... they're a business. They do business things. I'm going to review my advertiser's cigars before I review non-advertisers and, if the final list comes from the monthly reviews... there you go. Take it with a grain of salt and smoke what you like. Again, kudos to the folks at MF.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
just to play devils' advocate: CA may do both the initial and year end reviews blind, but they still get to pick their guys and gals.

also, yes, you do a blind review and see the reveal, it sticks with you. it is hard to go completely blind TWICE on the same smoke, unless they have a rotating panel.

end of the day, the garcia family has mada a LOT of smokes we enjoy here, and i hope they get piles of cash off the number one spot, as they have earned it! now to start buying magR44s before the n00bs buy me out. o)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've said this elsewhere, but this is the same magazine that rated the Casa Magna Colorado above the Padron 80th in '08. Need I go on?
lol, I know right! When I first got into cigars I bought their magazines at times, now I might browse them but I never buy them. Though I do have a few good ones with interviews I enjoy reading from time to time. Though I can say the same about some playboys I have from the 80's/90's. I often times don't agree with many lists out there however lists from BOTL or other forums with actual cigar smokers with no ties to ads I tend to agree. Funny how that works.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way on earth that cigar is #1. Pathetic!! Thought is was very "OK" at best. So many other MF cigars that completely destroy it!!

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I'm smoking it right now and really digging it. Best of the year? Probably not but very good.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Smoked through a box of Flor when they came out. It had some inconsistency in that some were really good and unique and some just OK. So that could be the reason the reviews on the net were all over the place. Lends more credence to you can't just smoke a cigar once to form an overall opinion. To those that didn't like it and just smoked one I would say smoke a few more. For me it's a great stick for the money and top 15 worthy for sure.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
As to the "Does CA really smoke them blind" thing ...

I have no doubt that CA does it exactly as they describe. But that doesn't mean those guys don't know precisely what sticks they are smoking. They know what the Top 25 are, they keep smoking them blind to determine order on the list. I'm positive that I could take all 10 of the Top Ten cigars, band-less, and tell you what they are based on look and smell alone, without even lighting them up. And I'm not even a "professional." So make no mistake, they know that the RP and RoMEo cigars are without bands.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Love ya Nate, but if I put 700 unbanded cigars in front of you, you'd be lucky to "guess" 10 of them correctly.
Uhm the way I understood it, they actually DO know what the top 25 are and they have to order 25 blind again so I agree with stone, if they know what the 25 unbanded cigars are they could easily pick which is which. Theyre not blindly selecting #1 from 700 sticks

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Love ya Nate, but if I put 700 unbanded cigars in front of you, you'd be lucky to "guess" 10 of them correctly.
I'll take you up on that offer. When should I expect them!?!?!? It's going to take awhile for the results to get back to you.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Uhm, gotcha. I had to reread the "process" they describe for picking the top 25.

At the end of the day, who gives a shit. It is their list, they come to it however they want and apparently everyone here doesn't agree with it anyway.