What's new

Cigar breath - what's YOUR home remedy ?

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Sorry to dig this thread back up but someone on another forum said that sucking on fennel seeds seems to work.
I tried that and just about puked. I'd rather go to bed alone than take a mouthful of fennel seeds ever again.

So awful...
Thats funny, because I used to make a mixture of fennel seeds, anise seeds, crushed red pepper and cloves, that i commonly chew on for my cigar breathe. However Ive found fresh green leafy herbs like genovese basil or italian parsley work the best. Cloves do refresh the mouth quite well but my wife says i smell like a ham.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Not to hijack the thread but what about getting the smoke smell out (not covering up unless its no evidence of smoke) of clothing or hair?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smart Mouth is the only thing I've found to reliably take care of cigar breath. Once at night before I go to bed and then once again in the morning as I find that is when it's the worst.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I've used smart mouth. Works good. Girlfriend is in the dental field so I'm not allowed to have bad breath. Usually brush floss and mouthwash after a cigar. I'm lucky. My hair and clothes don't seem to smell much. I have used fabreeze on my sweaters that smelled tho. Works like a charm.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
My girlfriend sat in my jeep one night and her friends could smell it on her jacket the next day. She doesn't care though, its wild to me. She loved the B&M the night I took her too. So cigar breath isn't much of a worry for me. People stopped asking who is currently smoking at work when im around. I guess its heavy on me sometimes, but I cant smell it of course.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've found that citrus based mouth wash works far better then mint flavored ones. Also, pickup a $2 tongue scrapper from Wally World. You wouldn't believe the amount of stuff that comes off your tongue after a couple cigars. The tongue scrapping also works good for cleaning your pallet before your next smoke.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Such a great thread, I generally use the standard toothpaste/mouthwash combo. Or gum on the go. Will have to go get an orange out of the backyard and try that too. Going to look into some of the special mouthwashes too!
edit: ICE CREAM (Blue Bell if you can get it)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tongue scraper, brush, Therabreath and then Listerine seems to cut it about 90% for me, especially for when I wake up the next morning.
Eating something cuts it down significantly but the cigar is usually well after dinner.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tongue scraper, brush, Therabreath and then Listerine seems to cut it about 90% for me, especially for when I wake up the next morning.
Eating something cuts it down significantly but the cigar is usually well after dinner.
Make sure you're using Listerine that doesn't have alcohol. Listerine with alcohol will give you mouth and throat cancer.