What's new

Cigar Molds Thread

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Weelllll,
as a newbie I'm making my fair share of mistakes. I've got a new cutting board and to season it according to the instructions I got some cutting board oil. I put it on the board and it looks and works really well.
So, thinking it's a good idea to slather everything wood with the shit, I used it on my old wood cigar molds. Mistake! I rolled 6 really nice sticks last night and when I took them out this morning they are soaked in the oil I used to season it. I hope they aren't ruined.

I'm going to use cat litter and newspaper in each cigar well to see if I can soak the oil back out. After I get as much oil back out of the mold, I'm going to coat each well with beeswax to see if that helps.
If that doesn't work then I guess they molds are simply decorations from now on. What a shame, they are my favorite size molds.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just got two of them
Weelllll,
as a newbie I'm making my fair share of mistakes. I've got a new cutting board and to season it according to the instructions I got some cutting board oil. I put it on the board and it looks and works really well.
So, thinking it's a good idea to slather everything wood with the shit, I used it on my old wood cigar molds. Mistake! I rolled 6 really nice sticks last night and when I took them out this morning they are soaked in the oil I used to season it. I hope they aren't ruined.

I'm going to use cat litter and newspaper in each cigar well to see if I can soak the oil back out. After I get as much oil back out of the mold, I'm going to coat each well with beeswax to see if that helps.
If that doesn't work then I guess they molds are simply decorations from now on. What a shame, they are my favorite size molds.
I did the sane thing with mineral oil with the addition to the metals as well, no regrets! you'll have to wait a little for its absorption. keep rubbing it in. you'll notice irregular absorption. rub it out. it will be okay.