What's new

Cigar Molds Thread

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When you guys clean up a cigar mold, what do you use?
Using the suspected issues of the torpedo mold above as an example which looks to have difficulty closing due to tobacco resin in it, it looks straight and, removing it will get it closing tight. With attention taken to keeping the integrity to the wood in tact, scraping it off on the flat surfaces with a clean sharp edge is fairly straight forward and, doing so should do it. However, using fine sanding paper or steel wool you may find easier. It could be used in the crevices as well. It looks to be not dried out so should not need any conditioning with spoon butter or mineral oil. Just a final wipe down with a damp cloth.
Maintaining the cleanliness of your molds after use will keep this from happening. Keeping the wood molds under pressure at all times will keep them from warping.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love this line from their description: "someone wrote 44 on the end we have no idea what that was for."
Yeah, maybe. I don't know if I'm buyin that. that 100% rating might be the motive. Much easier to not know how to figure why the measure doesn't quite work out. .. Cigars are not the only bliss out there. yeah?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My two molds from this dude just came in after sitting in Ventura for a week because of the floods, which have shut down the freeway here for two weeks after killing 20+ people. These molds are a major score at $25! Unbelievably they are exactly what I didn't have and wanted bad. I say unbelievably because he only gave me rough measurements down to 1/16th. Turns out what I got was a 6 x 42, which I have been without since I sold my plastic 42 to Gdaddy (I just can't dig plastic molds on an emotional level); and a 7 x 54 torpedo! So rad!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
My two molds from this dude just came in after sitting in Ventura for a week because of the floods, which have shut down the freeway here for two weeks after killing 20+ people. These molds are a major score at $25! Unbelievably they are exactly what I didn't have and wanted bad. I say unbelievably because he only gave me rough measurements down to 1/16th. Turns out what I got was a 6 x 42, which I have been without since I sold my plastic 42 to Gdaddy (I just can't dig plastic molds on an emotional level); and a 7 x 54 torpedo! So rad!
Man o man B, from crazy ass fires to floods...what's next?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
View attachment 107896 Anyone know the size of this mold?

The cigar itself measures 52*6, so I’d expect the mold has a slightly larger rg? But if it’s over 54 rg then it’s not what I’m after... Trigger on the buy.
That isn't an actual mold, it's a decorative marketing piece. You can use it to mold sticks, but they will be out of round.