What's new

Cigar Molds Thread

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I did not. We're dealing with a serious mold issue at the house we are renting. Currently living in a hotel and will be moving into a new place so spending has been cut off. The good news, I just acquired a like new 12 slot 54rg mold and will be building a press like Willy's at the new place when we get moved. Glad I store all my rolling equipment in the garage away from where the mold is.

http://www.customcigarmolds.com/products.html

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
WLT and LO have a smattering of parejo cigar molds. Is there a source that can provide a complete selection of all vitolas? Obviously they aren't making molds, they are purchasing from someone else.
I can CNC just about any shape. Look around on this thread for examples.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want a nice mold, KeithJones can make one for you. When my wife lifts the spending cap I'm getting one.
She and I had a bet. (Why I even bet, I have no idea) The bet was, if I had under 500 cigars I can spend money the first of the year. If more than 500, no spending on cigar stuff until March.
Really, it's not a problem. I think I have enough leaf of various kinds to last. Since spraying the Nic ligero with mojo made it usable I'm set. :)
so winning the bet will require you to either slow down rolling or speed up burning. I vote the latter :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can CNC just about any shape. Look around on this thread for examples.
Interesting. Thanks for the offer. What information do you need to encode the shape, what wood do you carve them from, and what Vitolas have you already encoded? I think your molds look fantastic on this thread, I just wasn't aware you were taking orders.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Interesting. Thanks for the offer. What information do you need to encode the shape, what wood do you carve them from, and what Vitolas have you already encoded? I think your molds look fantastic on this thread, I just wasn't aware you were taking orders.
Thanks. Just message me for what you want. I have Salomons and parejos already, but it's just a matter of changing a cad file to make other sizes and shapes. I made a box press too. I usually cut out of poplar and put on a butcher block sealer before I send it out. I've cut out of oak too, but I like my poplar molds better than the oak.

If it's a really strange shape and you want exact measurements, all I need is a drawing with the measurements if it's not something I can look up online easily.

I don't do this commercially, I do it as a hobby. They usually get done at night or on the weekend. I only have 1 CNC machine, so the time slots are first come first serve.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Here's the torpedoes i got, both in excellent shape, one came with some moldy old freebies!

One for me... one for a contest... ;)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Oh snap... That's a contest I need to rig, er I mean enter! Been eyeballing torpedo molds for a while. Those look great!!! Excellent grab amigo!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've washed a pound of leaf I got from WLT not long ago. I wasn't any too gentle about either. I dunked and swished them around.. they were the better for it. I let then dry to a crisp then cased them back. They turned out to be OK binder leaf.
hm... I have a extra shower in the basement I'm not using. Perhaps I could step in there and run the shower slowly, rinsing the leaves off.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hwe
I did not. We're dealing with a serious mold issue at the house we are renting. Currently living in a hotel and will be moving into a new place so spending has been cut off. The good news, I just acquired a like new 12 slot 54rg mold and will be building a press like Willy's at the new place when we get moved. Glad I store all my rolling equipment in the garage away from where the mold is.
Sorry to hear about your tribulations with mold in the home. I had a friend with a beach house that had the chimney separate from the house due to poor construction. It went unnoticed for several seasons until they went into the attic and found a serious infestation of black mold. Their solution after having the mold professionally abated was to sell the house.

I do believe that some residences have more spores present than others. Each enclosure retains it's own biome; A collection of mold, yeast, and dust that are unique to that enclosure. Some people have repeated problems with mold, others little to none. I believe that is why.