What's new

Cigar Molds Thread

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I re-posted this from FTT.
http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/7158-For-Sale-Heavy-Duty-Cigar-Molds-Antique-Cigar-Press

5 Heavy Duty Wooden Cigar Molds ( Made In Honduras) Various Sizes Asking $50/each
http://rochester.craigslist.org/bfs/5954333853.html
2 Heavy Duty Plastic Cigar Molds Asking $80/each 58 x 7 1/4”
1 Factory Grade Cigar Press Large Heavy Duty Unit Made Of Cast Iron ( 100lbs ) About Waist High, Please see pic with 5 gallon bucket for Scale Asking $300
Everything is in Great condition, minimal signs of Use
Located in Rochester NY 14624
lapyap Accepted and will ship at buyers expense. I have 100% eBay feedback and over $250,000 in sales.
Please email mikebrylinski@mac.com
Heres a video of some of the gear in action. Im selling as I need to downsize a bit.
http://rochester.craigslist.org/bfs/5954333853.html

Rating - 100%
6   0   0

I have something from Maks on the way.. if it ever gets out of the Ljubljana post office (I may not be spelling Ljubljana right, but they don't spell it right either). Been a week and last I Czeched it hadn't budged since he handed it to them.

That's alright... I haven't had a minute to roll anything for weeks now.

Maks' mold holds two. My plan is to roll two robustos per eve and twenty perfectos per weekend... ideally.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's alright... I haven't had a minute to roll anything...Maks' mold holds two. My plan is to roll two robustos per eve and twenty perfectos per weekend... ideally.
Right on, that's why I made this 5 stick - it also makes me feel less lazy when I don't have to look at 5 empty slots lol

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Right on, that's why I made this 5 stick - it also makes me feel less lazy when I don't have to look at 5 empty slots lol
Eggs Ackley... you have ten slots, you feel incomplete if you don't stuff it with ten each time round. I figure two slots will be one wrapper leaf, one binder leaf, and reach once into a couple filler bags ... all bound and wrapped after work and before dinner.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Eggs Ackley... you have ten slots, you feel incomplete if you don't stuff it with ten each time round. I figure two slots will be one wrapper leaf, one binder leaf, and reach once into a couple filler bags ... all bound and wrapped after work and before dinner.
Lol i did 9 in the mold last night... almost posted a picture but remembered @BrewinHooligan's OCD

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have something from Maks on the way.. if it ever gets out of the Ljubljana post office (I may not be spelling Ljubljana right, but they don't spell it right either). Been a week and last I Czeched it hadn't budged since he handed it to them.

That's alright... I haven't had a minute to roll anything for weeks now.

Maks' mold holds two. My plan is to roll two robustos per eve and twenty perfectos per weekend... ideally.
Those are amazing!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yeah they look darn nice, don't they. Maks suggest waxing them. You have any suggestion what with? I have boot wax with carnauba, but who knows what else is in it. I'll look round the innerwebz, I spose.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hold on ... I have a friend who has a bee hive! I should score some wax right from the organic source!
that was the first thing that came to mind. I do remember some non-specific reference of some old text somewhere. I do have some old molds that had wax or what I first thought might be paraffin wax applied to it. but, really I don't know if I'd put any thing on it. At least at first. you know what I mean? The purpose is so the wet tobacco will not soak the wood and further warp it. meant for larger multi piece construction molds. you know?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
that was the first thing that came to mind. I do remember some non-specific reference of some old text somewhere. I do have some old molds that had wax or what I first thought might be paraffin wax applied to it. but, really I don't know if I'd put any thing on it. At least at first. you know what I mean? The purpose is so the wet tobacco will not soak the wood and further warp it. meant for larger multi piece construction molds. you know?
I thought it would help release the molded bunch.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Maks' handiwork is pretty damn nice. Too many years ago, I made my living putting joinery into custom yachts. So I know wood butchery. Here is the best I can say about Maks' work is take a look at this:

When these two cleats that clamp the mold shut reach the ends of their threads, both cleats wind up dead perpendicular across the mold. Now, that's what I'd call careful attention to detail'

I waxed the threads with Skidmore's, both male and female. Skidmore's is intended to waterproof leather; but I figured a little beeswax would lube the wooden threads, and thus protect them:

I'll set these on the hearth this evening, and that should make the wax sink in nice.

Fit and finish are pretty damn choice

You could make a super long eight inch Churchill in this mold if you liked

I figure this ought to be just right in the evening after work. I can pull out one binder leaf, one wrapper leaf, and a fist of filler. Wrap and bind one leftwards, the other rightwards, from the right and left wrapper halves. Don't have time on a week night to kick out a batch of ten; but two ought to fit the schedule.

Very nice mold.