What's new

Cigar Molds Thread

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
That looks good. Do you mean mineral oil? .. I wish those were cheaper.
I'm not sure about mineral oil. This reminded me of long term gun storage old waxy grease, or grease smell that was old and waxy in your suspension, without the iron. It didn't feel greasey, maybe it was oiled before shipping. Is that what you're thinking Marc?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not sure about mineral oil. This reminded me of long term gun storage old waxy grease, or grease smell that was old and waxy in your suspension, without the iron. It didn't feel greasey, maybe it was oiled before shipping. Is that what you're thinking Marc?
maybe. There should have been oil conditioning at some point but, it sounds a little off putting. If it was done recently and hasn't been used, it will dissipate. I oiled the ones I got from him and it took a second to set up.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
maybe. There should have been oil conditioning at some point but, it sounds a little off putting. If it was done recently and hasn't been used, it will dissipate. I oiled the ones I got from him and it took a second to set up.
I've got some butcher block oil that I think maybe just mineral oil, I will double check against that for a comparison. This set up you mentioned, what did you do?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've got some butcher block oil that I think maybe just mineral oil, I will double check against that for a comparison. This set up you mentioned, what did you do?
What I mean is, there was a period of time where I had to work the oil in and then out of the grains.

Jan Bynens

Moscca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the same price you can buy new molds plastic molds from Leafonly.
I have both, wooden and plastic, and by far I prefer the plastic ones.

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
For the same price you can buy new molds plastic molds from Leafonly.
I have both, wooden and plastic, and by far I prefer the plastic ones.
Plastic vs Wooden has been a big debate. All I have is plastic so I can't compare. Some like the wooden because they say it draws some of the moisture out while pressing. Any particular reason why you prefer plastic?

Jan Bynens

Moscca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see the advantage of pressing the moisture out of the bundle. What brings moisture in the cigar is mainly done by the wrapper.
Cigars need at least to months of rest after rolling, so plenty of time of drying. You can always put them in a dry box for a few day's.
My main reason is why pay 90$ of a heavily used wooden I you have for 80-90$ a new plastic.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I don't see the advantage of pressing the moisture out of the bundle. What brings moisture in the cigar is mainly done by the wrapper.
Cigars need at least to months of rest after rolling, so plenty of time of drying. You can always put them in a dry box for a few day's.
My main reason is why pay 90$ of a heavily used wooden I you have for 80-90$ a new plastic.
OK, and if LO has the size you want, and you like plastic, then that's a great choice. But if you want a 44 RG, or anything less than a 50, they don't have it...