What's new

Cigar Molds Thread

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey @webmost, did you say your looking for a 48 ring mold?
Yeah, I don't like those wing nut molds AT ALL. I can hardly imagine a less handy way of cinching your mold up.
Plus, they don't have a rounded end for a cap.
Pluplus, they don't have a flange or whatchamacallit where the one side of the mold fits into the other.

Ideally, I hope for a mold with a cam latch like my fecto mold, a rounded end on each slot, and those mold flanges.

At the very least, since I've never seen another with a handy cam latch, I'd settle for the round ends and flanges; then use a C clamp, or score some of those clamping latches from McMaster Carr.

some day....

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Two questions. Is that for making a cigar with a 109 cap? Is that a little pricy, or about the going rate?
I think it would be pretty close to a Edmundo Dantes El Conde 109 head. this mold is probably no bigger then a 46 RG though. And, I don't see molds like this sell for this much but, because of the latch it is rare. This did sell at 170. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cigar-Mold-RARE-made-in-USA-vintage-wood-10-place-mold-Tobacianna-ALL-ORIGINAL-/252661366999?hash=item3ad3ca80d7:g:jK8AAOSwcUBYMgfY&nma=true&si=8hEdh8ET6NqQpA3aVp6Qjh%2FQqQM%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

nic

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Yeah, I don't like those wing nut molds AT ALL. I can hardly imagine a less handy way of cinching your mold up.
Plus, they don't have a rounded end for a cap.
Pluplus, they don't have a flange or whatchamacallit where the one side of the mold fits into the other.

Ideally, I hope for a mold with a cam latch like my fecto mold, a rounded end on each slot, and those mold flanges.

At the very least, since I've never seen another with a handy cam latch, I'd settle for the round ends and flanges; then use a C clamp, or score some of those clamping latches from McMaster Carr.

some day....
@webmost :

https://www.etsy.com/listing/278123646/vintage-churchill-cigar-mould-cigar