What's new

Cigar Rolling Equipment for sale

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's been done. as far as Im aware (and the ones I have on hand) seem to warp over time so you have to be good about evenly distributing the weight
I know nothing about 3d printing. Is there a different material that could be used that wont warp?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I know nothing about 3d printing. Is there a different material that could be used that wont warp?
I know probably as much as you :)

I'd say probably - or it gets made thicker, at that point you're probably not saving costs over a proper wood mold (although at least they're easier to find / make). Again I'm only speculating - I have a buddy obtaining a 3d printer and have been looking for instructions to provide him (sizing, etc) so that he can program it to make molds with very little success so far.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I know probably as much as you :)

I'd say probably - or it gets made thicker, at that point you're probably not saving costs over a proper wood mold (although at least they're easier to find / make). Again I'm only speculating - I have a buddy obtaining a 3d printer and have been looking for instructions to provide him (sizing, etc) so that he can program it to make molds with very little success so far.
There are plans around, and a guy who used to be on here who had plans and used to print molds. As you say, the problem is thickness. And also accuracy of the joins.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
There are plans around, and a guy who used to be on here who had plans and used to print molds. As you say, the problem is thickness. And also accuracy of the joins.
yeah I figured it'd be far easier to come across them.
the accuracy of the joins would be kind of top of the concern list for me (obviously next to accurate dimensions)

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
At the moment I cant recall his name but a guy here would mill out a mold from wood to about anything you want. He used to sell them on eBay, too.

Edit:
Keith Jones? I think he’s the guy who milled a few molds.

Last edited:

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Unless it’s a hobby project for someone to print or mill one, you would be money ahead to find a used mold, or spent 120 for a Roller Choice mold

There will be some hours of cad design before the spindle turns or the printer warms up.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless it’s a hobby project for someone to print or mill one, you would be money ahead to find a used mold, or spent 120 for a Roller Choice mold

There will be some hours of cad design before the spindle turns or the printer warms up.
A guy I work with has a neighbor who is a retired cabinet maker. Guy is supposed to make me some molds but I can never catch him when hes sober. Gabe him the dimensions probably 4 or 5 times now.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
A guy I work with has a neighbor who is a retired cabinet maker. Guy is supposed to make me some molds but I can never catch him when hes sober. Gabe him the dimensions probably 4 or 5 times now.
hopefully he makes them when sober too otherwise you might just be able to put out some never before seen cigar shapes!!! :)