What's new

Cigar Rolling Equipment for sale

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
FX has one of these. I have a vid of it somewheres. They say it is the oldest machine in the shop... a hundred twenty some years old, IIRC. Part that amazes me is, the wiggly stems I get, I dunno how you could feed the center of the leaf all the way down through the slot.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This one is for Rachel; but once I clean up the other one, I'll shoot it out to you. I'm really getting into the cutting block thing. You need to try it.

I should be done with all this fun project by now, 'cept I been busier than a barefoot boy on a fire ant hill in bull thorn country. Stealing some time slots this weekend. Went out on the smoking porch last night for a slot, got so busy reading that I never lit up my gar. So, obviously, I don't even know how to steal time effectively. So I stole more time this morning. Rolled my first tenner for the new corona mold. Then went out and mowed the front. Now I'm about to wrap the lil buggers. Might clean up that other block tonight.
Quick question what ratio do you mix beeswax with mineral oil for the block?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It comes mixed. Look on Amazon for butcher block oil. I bought this John Taylor Butcher Block Conditioner
( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Z14EFM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) for 11.50 w/ free prime shipping. I have no notion whether it's better or worse than anyone else. Who knows, you may have something round the house. When reconditioning Rachel's block I actually used some wax intended for leather. It's all good.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beeswax Paste for Cutting Boards and Butcher Blocks

Save Print
Prep time
10 mins
Cook time
10 mins
Total time
20 mins

Author: Andrea Meyers
Serves: 10 ounces
Ingredients
  • 1 cup (240 ml) pharmaceutical grade mineral oil (inexpensive and available at drugstores, Target, Wal-Mart, etc.)
  • 2 ounces (57 g) pure beeswax
Preparation
  1. MAKE: Pour the mineral oil into the pan and add the beeswax. Melt over low heat just until the beeswax has completely dissolved, stirring as it melts. Once the mixture is blended, remove from heat. Allow to cool for a couple minutes so it's not too hot for the glass, then pour into the glass jar and allow to finish cooling completely. Add the lid, label it, then store in a cool location.
  2. TO USE: Scoop some onto a smooth clean cloth or towel (not terry cloth). Wipe on clean wooden surface, adding more as you go. There will be some excess on the surface, and that's ok. Allow it to rest for about 30 minutes or overnight, then smooth the excess. Reapply weekly to protect wood.
More Information
Equipment

small sauce pan
12 to 16 ounce wide mouth glass jar with lid (I use a wide mouth Mason jar so I can get my hand in it.)

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It comes mixed. Look on Amazon for butcher block oil. I bought this John Taylor Butcher Block Conditioner
( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Z14EFM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) for 11.50 w/ free prime shipping. I have no notion whether it's better or worse than anyone else. Who knows, you may have something round the house. When reconditioning Rachel's block I actually used some wax intended for leather. It's all good.
Well shit! I ordered oil and a block of wax.
Oh well, I'll blend it up according to the recipe posted here.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Miller-Dubrul-Peters-MFG-Cast-Iron-Cigar-Press-Cast-Iron-Book-Press/332358436500?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=45727&meid=380615c2cb864b8e99c4db7170567a21&pid=100005&rk=6&rkt=6&sd=152681161140&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

"Retired cigar maker Bob Frutiger explains: “In the Frutiger factory we called these a Packer’s Box. After the wrapper had been applied and the cigars were finished, they were tied in bundles of 50. A skilled worker with a good eye for color, called a “packer,” then untied the bundles and sorted the cigars by color. When the packer was done sorting a bundle for color he reached for a box like this. The packer would put a strip of paper 3 inches wide and 20 long lengthwise in the empty box, the ends hanging out. Then the color graded cigars were put in the box. If the color wasn’t specified we put the lightest colored and best looking cigars on the top row of the box. If the order was for dark cigars, the lightest ones were put on the bottom. The box gave the packer the opportunity to make certain cigars were of proper and uniform length, and all left hand or right hand rolled. Each layer was separated with a piece of reusable cardboard.”
“After the cigars were placed in the Packer’s Box, the box was put in a packer’s press (lid open), a board on top. The box was left in the press only till the next 50 cigars were graded. At that point the packer’s box was removed from the press and the lid was closed and the metal strap put in position to hold the box closed. The cigars were held several days in the Packer’s Box and then were taken to the cellophane room where the Packer’s Box was opened and all the cigars were lifted out (using the paper strap) and placed in a hopper on the cellophane machine. The Packer’s BOX was used when we made cigars by hand. We switched to Cigar Trunks when we converted production to machines.”
The Packer’s Press (above right) is the common screw type. Note that here the cigars are being pressed in a trimmed retail box rather than a Packer’s Box.
Lever action Packer’s Presses (lower right) had the advantage of being able to be set up for repetitive packing of boxes of the same depth. A levered press cost more than twice as much as screw type called “the common packer’s press.”

http://cigarhistory.info/Cigarmaking/Cigarmaking_tools_II.html

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Miller-Dubrul-Peters-MFG-Cast-Iron-Cigar-Press-Cast-Iron-Book-Press/332358436500?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=45727&meid=380615c2cb864b8e99c4db7170567a21&pid=100005&rk=6&rkt=6&sd=152681161140&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

"Retired cigar maker Bob Frutiger explains: “In the Frutiger factory we called these a Packer’s Box. After the wrapper had been applied and the cigars were finished, they were tied in bundles of 50. A skilled worker with a good eye for color, called a “packer,” then untied the bundles and sorted the cigars by color. When the packer was done sorting a bundle for color he reached for a box like this. The packer would put a strip of paper 3 inches wide and 20 long lengthwise in the empty box, the ends hanging out. Then the color graded cigars were put in the box. If the color wasn’t specified we put the lightest colored and best looking cigars on the top row of the box. If the order was for dark cigars, the lightest ones were put on the bottom. The box gave the packer the opportunity to make certain cigars were of proper and uniform length, and all left hand or right hand rolled. Each layer was separated with a piece of reusable cardboard.”
“After the cigars were placed in the Packer’s Box, the box was put in a packer’s press (lid open), a board on top. The box was left in the press only till the next 50 cigars were graded. At that point the packer’s box was removed from the press and the lid was closed and the metal strap put in position to hold the box closed. The cigars were held several days in the Packer’s Box and then were taken to the cellophane room where the Packer’s Box was opened and all the cigars were lifted out (using the paper strap) and placed in a hopper on the cellophane machine. The Packer’s BOX was used when we made cigars by hand. We switched to Cigar Trunks when we converted production to machines.”
The Packer’s Press (above right) is the common screw type. Note that here the cigars are being pressed in a trimmed retail box rather than a Packer’s Box.
Lever action Packer’s Presses (lower right) had the advantage of being able to be set up for repetitive packing of boxes of the same depth. A levered press cost more than twice as much as screw type called “the common packer’s press.”

http://cigarhistory.info/Cigarmaking/Cigarmaking_tools_II.html
You should get that thing. You have the box for it don't you?

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Printed it
Beeswax Paste for Cutting Boards and Butcher Blocks

Save Print
Prep time
10 mins
Cook time
10 mins
Total time
20 mins

Author: Andrea Meyers
Serves: 10 ounces
Ingredients
  • 1 cup (240 ml) pharmaceutical grade mineral oil (inexpensive and available at drugstores, Target, Wal-Mart, etc.)
  • 2 ounces (57 g) pure beeswax
Preparation
  1. MAKE: Pour the mineral oil into the pan and add the beeswax. Melt over low heat just until the beeswax has completely dissolved, stirring as it melts. Once the mixture is blended, remove from heat. Allow to cool for a couple minutes so it's not too hot for the glass, then pour into the glass jar and allow to finish cooling completely. Add the lid, label it, then store in a cool location.
  2. TO USE: Scoop some onto a smooth clean cloth or towel (not terry cloth). Wipe on clean wooden surface, adding more as you go. There will be some excess on the surface, and that's ok. Allow it to rest for about 30 minutes or overnight, then smooth the excess. Reapply weekly to protect wood.
More Information
Equipment

small sauce pan
12 to 16 ounce wide mouth glass jar with lid (I use a wide mouth Mason jar so I can get my hand in it.)
Printed it. Thank you!!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
hehe, I do but, not as nice as what @webmost has. I think if it was levered it would be for me at that price. he has the dividers which creates square press. I want to hexagon press bad.
You want it, shoot me an addy, I'll mail it. I was gonna try to sell these things and turn a buck; but in the end it was too much fun giving stuff away. This is the last thing remaining that I don't want to keep, other than those sample tenner boxes.