What's new

Cigar Shack Build w/photos

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Sweet deal B. Looks like a road-trip is definitely in order. I have been wanting to build something really similar to that here in the backyard of shame too, but I will be doing the majority of the work as that price-tag you posted is not justifiable to the ol' lady.
Maybe us E-town guys are going to have to get together and build one in someone's yard as practice for the big one that will eventually go up some day haha.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sweet deal B. Looks like a road-trip is definitely in order. I have been wanting to build something really similar to that here in the backyard of shame too, but I will be doing the majority of the work as that price-tag you posted is not justifiable to the ol' lady.
Maybe us E-town guys are going to have to get together and build one in someone's yard as practice for the big one that will eventually go up some day haha.
Would love to in my yard but its too damn small cuz my deck is so damn big!!! That will be a prerequisite for my next house, room for a smoke shack!! :)

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Nice setup.

Did you contract this work out, or what portion of it did you do yourself?
Nice setup.

Did you contract this work out, or what portion of it did you do yourself?
+1

Great smoke shack Brent!
Sorry boys, missed your question. I contracted out basically everything to do with the construction of it. As I say, I probably could have saved a couple thousand bucks if I did some research and took a few chances on things like wiring, trim, painting, flooring and had've been willing to extend out the timeline.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Thanks fellas. Been enjoying the hell out of it all winter/spring.

what was the approximate cost of the shack by the time all was done?
I'd ballpark it at around 15-20k - but keep in mind I didn't have to lift a finger for the most part. There's a bunch of things I could have done to cut costs here or there if I had any skill in construction or electrical or any patience for researching stuff. Just so happens I despise manual labor so the cost was likely higher than it needed to be, but that's a-ok with me.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
haha we had the exact same conversation when the slab was down...thinking we should have made it bigger. Given though that it's just me solo out there about 90% of the time, I don't feel cramped at all. Two guys in there is very comfortable too (given the double recliner)

Once you put 4 or 5 guys in there it gets a bit tight though but it beats smoking outside when it's minus 10 lol