What's new

Cigars that have Survived your Noob Journey

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New World, maduro wrapper - have purchased more boxes of these then any cigar. My number one cigar
La Historia - first full box purchase I made. My number two cigar.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it's El Rey del Mundo Robusto Larga. Of which I have one box left from 2005. My wife loves it when I smoke those because of their aroma of soft pretzels. I also still enjoy DPG Blues and Cuban Blacks. I miss the times when they could be had cheaply from the devil site.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started smoking about 4 years ago right when I turned 18 and the Padron 1964 was the first cigar I ever had and is still one of my favorites. The DE Nica Rustica was the first cigar I remember smoking and thinking “damn. I need to have this again.” And the price has always been so good I’ve never gone back. Have one at least once a week.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Funny I was going through my singles the other day and saw a whole lot of sticks that i asked myself why would in buy these?! Then I remember they've been there since I started smoking. Some off brand names and some regular names.

But two sticks that I will always smoke since I started is:

Oliva series V maddy torpedo
And MF Jaime Garcia

Two staple sticks I will never let go, I can smoke then anytime any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Ohhhhhh this was soooo long ago. Im thinking CAO Brazillia. I honestly cant think of any other regular smoke that i would smoke then and now. Im sure there are several, just not coming to mind. However, there are tons of smokes that never made the cut. Padron k series may be the most notable.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For me:

1. Torano Casa Torano. I just like the consistency of these. Enough going on to get my attention but nothing earth shattering about them. Plus I nab them up for cheap.
2. Padron x000. This was the first cigar that really grabbed my attention to this whole cigar smoking thing. Incredible price for an incredible stick.
3. Oliva G. My first real cigar. Didn't expect to enjoy the experience so much. Just thought "hey, I will puff on this thing with everyone else" after a buddy handed me one. Couldn't put the thing down and ended up nubbing it. Not my favorite to this day but I still grab a few on sale from time to time.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The two cigars that I started smoking with are two I still enjoy to this day, I dont know if it is because I have a soft spot for them or what but here they are:
CAO Americana
CAO Black

First cigar I enjoyed was the CAO Black that had a few years on it and I finally understood cigars after that smoke, the Americana was the same way with a little more age and that is a smoke I will never forget.

I have changed my palate dramatically in the past 6-7 years but still enjoy a wide gambit of smokes.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
When I first started out a buddy of mine gave me some dog rockets. Man were they awful. Until one day I went to my local B&M and they told me to try a AVO. I tried an
-AVO classic #2-
And was sold. Great stick till this day IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Most of what smoked when i was really new makes me shudder.
Same here, lol - there's the "total noob" phase, and the "I think I know about cigars but haven't discovered BOTL yet" phase, AKA the Gurkha days, both of which featured a ton of awful smokes...

Not a lot from those days that I still reach for regularly, but some that have a special place in my heart and never disappoint when I burn one:
AB Maxx
DPG black
LADC
Oliva O
NC Punch and Hoyo

ETA - my first DPG black was a pepper blasting nic bomb, but a couple years rest and tolerance building turns them into a rather smooth medium-bodied smoke, still thoroughly enjoyable

Last edited: