What's new

Cocktail Recipe Thread

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Best Greyhound... In a low ball glass filled with ice mix 1-2 ounces Absolut Mandarin vodka and fill with (not from concentrate) ruby red grapefruit juice... Stir. Be careful... Goes down almost too easy.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
On a hot day a Gin (good gin is a must, no cheap shit) and tonic with lime is killer imo.

Vodka, seltzer water, a splash of Pom, and a twist of lime is always a lady pleaser too.
Small batch/craft tonic can also make a huge difference. Nothing better on a hot day that a well made gin and tonic.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Boilo: Drink of Pennsylvania Coal Miners.

Gallon of Pure apple cider (No sugar)
2 red apples sliced up (remove core)
4 cinnamon Sticks
TBL spoon : All Spice
TBL spoon: Nutmeg
TBL spoon: Caraway seed
TBL spoon: cloves (may use whole cloves)
20 Ounce bottle of ginger ale
750 ml bottle of Grain Alcohol

Mix all ingredients EXCEPT ALCOHOL in a crock pot ( no fun if you cook off the liquor)

Crock pot on high for 4 1/2 hrs
Stir every half hour or so
Once done let it cool for ten minutes.
Strain diligently.
Return mixture to crock pot and add Grain Alcohol and stir. May add more or less to taste, I think a bottle works perfectly.

Store in mason jar in a cool dark area to help the flavors mellow. Great to enjoy immeadiatly or a month later.

Serve hot in small glass (double shot glass or somthing you would drink expresso out of. (Quick heat up in microwave 30 seconds or quick on the stove top but again don't boil!)

Perfect for the holiday season or just a cold night! Also makes great gifts!!

There are many different recipes for this ( using either moonshine, Grain, or blended whiskey as well as other ingredients) and different cooking methods as well. This is just the method I prefer. ALWAYS DELIVERS!

Note: no need for good liquor, that would be a waste!

YIELDS: 24 CUPS (8 3CUP MASON JARS?

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Rum Punch (I worked hard to perfect this recipe) (Many trips to Jamaica)
1 part OJ
1 part Pineapple juice
2 parts Appleton Rum
1 part Coconut rum. Optional Substitute: (1/4 part Coconut cream)
1/4 Part Key Lime Juice or Fresh lime juice (DO NOT use the cheap nasty lime juice concentrate)
1/4 part Grenadine

Mix well, chill and serve over ice. For authentic jamaican effect, mix in a one gallon milk jug, shake and serve.

Rum Kick Martini
1 part OJ
1 part Pineapple juice
1 part Appleton RUm
1 Part 151 Bacardi RUm
1 part Coconut rum. Optional Substitute: (1/4 part Coconut cream)
1/4 Part Key Lime Juice or Fresh lime juice (DO NOT use the cheap nasty lime juice concentrate)
1/4 part Grenadine
Shake over ice, strain and serve in a chilled martini glass

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well unfortunately I dont know the recipe but whne I was back in MN for @cgraunke wedding, he had some gin and ginger going and they were quite good. Iknow it was a simple recipe but i didnt want to post it wrong. I bet since I tagged him, he can put it up!

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Boilo: Drink of Pennsylvania Coal Miners.

Gallon of Pure apple cider (No sugar)
2 red apples sliced up (remove core)
4 cinnamon Sticks
TBL spoon : All Spice
TBL spoon: Nutmeg
TBL spoon: Caraway seed
TBL spoon: cloves (may use whole cloves)
20 Ounce bottle of ginger ale
750 ml bottle of Grain Alcohol

Mix all ingredients EXCEPT ALCOHOL in a crock pot ( no fun if you cook off the liquor)

Crock pot on high for 4 1/2 hrs
Stir every half hour or so
Once done let it cool for ten minutes.
Strain diligently.
Return mixture to crock pot and add Grain Alcohol and stir. May add more or less to taste, I think a bottle works perfectly.

Store in mason jar in a cool dark area to help the flavors mellow. Great to enjoy immeadiatly or a month later.

Serve hot in small glass (double shot glass or somthing you would drink expresso out of. (Quick heat up in microwave 30 seconds or quick on the stove top but again don't boil!)

Perfect for the holiday season or just a cold night! Also makes great gifts!!

There are many different recipes for this ( using either moonshine, Grain, or blended whiskey as well as other ingredients) and different cooking methods as well. This is just the method I prefer. ALWAYS DELIVERS!

Note: no need for good liquor, that would be a waste!

YIELDS: 24 CUPS (8 3CUP MASON JARS?

Sound a lot like the Apple Pie recipe I have with a few more ingrediants

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
The one drink I love that everyone I know hates is a shot recipe that I make into more of a cocktail.

It's equal parts Rumple Minze and Jagermeister served over ice. Sometimes I spritz it with half/half.

I think the idea of it came from a shot called a Dead Nazi.

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Vodka and ginger beer, mint and a wedge of lime...can drink these all day as long as it's hot outside.

I love a good spicy Caesar, but it seems to change a little every time depending on the level of my hangover...

And this is one of the best shots I've found. Got it from a co-worker and it's hard for the wife and I to agree on a drink.
Hot Cakes:
Half Jamison
Half Buttershots
Chaser of OJ
Takes like pancake breakfast!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
A friend shared some beer that had spent time in some old bourbon barrels. I really enjoyed it but much to my dismay, couldn't find it locally. Then came the solution:
Drink your beer down below the neck, then fill it back up with your bourbon of choice. Instant, local, and readily available everywhere!

Another favorite of mine is this:
Flavor you're water bottle with a peach tea mix and add bourbon. I can float around the pool and play with the kids all summer with that one. No glass and a bottle cap on the water bottle keep it neat and safe.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually it's a couple fingers of bourbon or highland singlemalt. When the occasion merits a cocktail, I usually make a Perfect MaiTai:
1 oz. white rum
1/2 oz. dark rum
1/2 oz. 151
1/2 oz. blue Curacao (can't get the Senior & Co here)
1/2 oz. orgeat (almond) syrup (Torani)
1/2 oz. simple syrup
5/8 oz. lime juice
4 oz. orange juice

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Steep high quality gin in earl gray tea for 3-4 hours. Mix gin with dash of dry vermouth, bitters, lemon twist and egg white. Shake without ice, then add ice and shake again and strain.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Tried the Boulevardier tonight. Don't know for sure if you would call it a Negroni variation or a Manhattan variation. Whatever, it's delicious.

1 and 1/2 ounces bourbon or rye
1 ounce Campari
1 ounce Sweet Vermouth

Pour in mixing glass, add ice, stir for about 20 seconds, strain and pour in a chilled coup glass and serve with a garnish of orange peel.

Also if anyone is looking for a truly great cocktail book I highly recommend " Death & Co".

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I made a take on the Toronto cocktail a few years back when i was a bartender at a fancy cocktail joint. (Yes, you can be sober and a bartender)

2 Oz Pendleton's Canadian whiskey
1 Oz Fernet Braca
3/4 Oz apricot puree
Take a large ice cube, in a bucket glass, and pour the apricot puree over the ice. Add Fernet and stir. Strain over a second glass with large ice cube, add whiskey and stir again. Garnish with an orange twist.

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
VIEUX CARRE' COCKTAIL
Ingredients (8)

• 3/4 ounce rye whiskey
  • 3/4 ounce Cognac
  • 3/4 ounce sweet vermouth
  • 1 barspoon (1 teaspoon) Bénédictine liqueur
  • 1 dash Peychaud’s Bitters
  • 1 dash angostura bitters
  • Ice
  • Lemon twist, for garnish

Named for the French Quarter in New Orleans (a.k.a. the Vieux Carré), this sophisticated, spirits-driven cocktail is a lot like the Big Easy itself: a fun and potent blend of diverse elements.

1. Place a cocktail glass in the freezer to chill

2. Into a mixing glass, measure whiskey, Cognac and vermouth

3. Add the Benedictine liqueur

4. Add both bitters, then fill the mixing glass half way with ice

5. Stir with a bar spoon until chilled, about 30 seconds. Strain into the chilled cocktail glass.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Left Hand
1- 3/4 to 2 ounces Bourbon
1/2 ounce Campari
3/4 ounce Sweet Red Vermouth
2 dashes of Chocolate Bitters. If using Bitterman's use 20 drops.

Pour all in chilled mixing glass, add ice, stir, and strain into chilled Nick and Nora glass. Express orange peel over drink and throw in the orange zest. This drink just screams HOLIDAYS!

IMG_4379.jpg