What's new

Cohiba Behike 56 Review

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$25 - $60
6.5 x 56
Review # 50
Extremely limited production, the tobacco leaf called "Medio tiempo"

Filler, Volado, Seco and Ligero from Vegas of San Juan y Martinez and San Luis, also Medio Tiempo that comes only from the two top leaves on sun-grown plants.

The Cohiba Behike Habanos has a band with two holograms for security identifications.

Prelight: Dark earth, barnyard, grass and manure, because of the lack of being sold with a cellophane wrapper the foot has some damage to it.

1st 1/3
Great draw, with a medium body, dark earth, creamy, slightly salty, leather, tea , soft woods, cocoa and a hint of spice
Burn line running off a bit, ash is of a medium gray in color, fell off in my lap at about a 1 1/4
With the medium body the flavors a somewhat muted to me, cigar is putting out ample smoke on the great draw.

2nd 1/3
For such a terribly expensive cigar the burn line is still off but not unacceptable and have found much less expensive sticks to ride over this cigars performance in this area

The flavors are now melting together here in the 2nd 1/3 with a creamy earth note dominating, along with the cocoa, tea, soft woods, leather and a hint of spice and now the slightest touch of sweetness.

Final 1/3
Burn line has now self corrected, the flavor still has the dominating dark earth notes with burnt wood coming up stronger now

The other notes mentioned above are still all there and burning cool

Interesting I've gotten a slight manure flavor aroma all the way through and never had a cigar do that before in smoking a stick of any kind.
So many NC sticks out there that definitely beat this one and would only take another like it as a gift

Smoke time: 2 hr
Score: 8.5 out of 10

Last edited:

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
What was the box date for this? I had a Behike 52 that was awesome. It was from 2011,that's why I wonder.
Good point.

FYI most folks that post a review on a Cuban will list the box code and, at the least, the year. BHK should be smoked with age. I smoked one recently from '10 and thought it was great, but everyone has different palates.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What was the box date for this? I had a Behike 52 that was awesome. It was from 2011,that's why I wonder.
I got it as a gift from my brother in law that got it from a local US based B&M that pulled it out from a special drawer knowing he was not the law, but who knows with so many Cohiba counterfeited, it could be just that

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I hope I didn’t come off suggesting it was fake. In fact, it looks pretty spot on from what I can tell. I just meant that age should help and that I've heard some guys prefer the smaller ring guage ones to the 56.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I'm not trying to be a dick here but in the future check your bands against this website which shows pictures of all the current and previous bands. Scroll down until you find the Behike 56 band and compare. Click on the Behike 56 and it will enlarge the cigar so you can see the band in better detail. Every Behike head will have a black "border" around it. There are also other subtle details that you will find like counting the squares and the position of the head in those squares.

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.aspx?brand=Cohiba

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Not to pour gas on the fire, but I'm afraid that I am 0 for 3 buying 'secret stash' from a US B&M. There probably are some authentic ones out there, but I doubt there's many.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
looks real to me, can someone point out what I might be missing? (although I admit that secret B&M stashes are sketchy, but if the guy knows his stuff or has a good source it could be fine)

but thanks for the review, like others have said the older ones are "supposed" to be better, but I don't know if thats just cuz the older ones are older or if they are better, time will tell. year is always good info when reviewing CCs, box code is even better :)

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
looks real to me, can someone point out what I might be missing?
See how the gold Indian head has missing squares around it? (top of the head, top/bottom of pony tail, for example) Those should be partial squares, where the (missing) black outline around the Indian's head should cut through them.

Also, this could be lighting, but the Indian head hologram just doesn't look right. Too much yellow, and not enough rainbow reflection, and more telling, it's missing the ridge lines inside the outer head.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Please do not be sorry for the review. And honestly I would not worry about telling your brother, unless you think he will continue to buy the Fohibas from that shop.

And seriously, we've all smoked fakes. Don't worry about the review. It was still a good review.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
99 if not 100% of these back room deals are fake, of course. Why would a retailer risk prosecution to sell a handful of Cubans at or below cost to people they don't know?? A guy (presumably Cuban) at a shop on Fremont in Vegas pulls this crap. I asked him where's his margin selling Behikes for $20-25 and he said he gets them directly from his cousin in Cuba. blah blah blah....

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
See how the gold Indian head has missing squares around it? (top of the head, top/bottom of pony tail, for example) Those should be partial squares, where the (missing) black outline around the Indian's head should cut through them.

Also, this could be lighting, but the Indian head hologram just doesn't look right. Too much yellow, and not enough rainbow reflection, and more telling, it's missing the ridge lines inside the outer head.
IMO that appears to be the way they are on the cuban cigar website as well, just this pic is closer so it looks more pronounced or maybe I'm just not being picky enough. The yellow is hard to judge because of the reflectiveness and the lighting and I'm partially color blind. Paying $15 for it is suspect though

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
The hologram isn't really a hologram that's why it doesn't look right. In different lighting the little head should disappear and reappear. His looks to be just a double print. It's so damn deceiving but these are getting pretty good at faking these.