What's new

Cohiba behikes

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Just pulled the trigger on a box of BEHIKES 56. will cost me about 400 usd with shipping, just hope Swedish custums will let the package be! Anyone else pulled the trigger on the BEHIKES?

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
400 usd? Those won't be BEHIKES. They might say they are but 400 USD won't get you a box of regular Cohibas. Good luck. I live in Germany and a Cohiba Esplendido goes for about 28 Euro a stick. Sooo..the math doesnt add up.

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
400 usd? Those won't be BEHIKES. They might say they are but 400 USD won't get you a box of regular Cohibas. Good luck. I live in Germany and a Cohiba Esplendido goes for about 28 Euro a stick. Sooo..the math doesnt add up.
Just because you dont know where to buy your cigars doesnt mean you cant get them for that price! If you want a box for that price I can see what I can do.
You have PM!

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
Just because you dont know where to buy your cigars doesnt mean you cant get them for that price! If you want a box for that price I can see what I can do.
You have PM!

That was much nicer than I would have noted Ben. Good job there.

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Wow, this thread is getting out of hand already. Germany = expensive smokes. Definately not the place you want to be buying your Cohibas if you want to find a deal.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Guys, I have smoked two of these (thanks Aaron :) and while they were good, they are really not worth the money they are charging, imho of course...

Full review coming soon :)

~brooks

LiLo

Fire me up a
Rating - 98.7%
103   1   1
Guys, I have smoked two of these (thanks Aaron :) and while they were good, they are really not worth the money they are charging, imho of course...

~brooks

wow really? i smoked the 52 and the 56 and i thought they were excellent! I thought they were loaded with flavor. Very earthy, creamy, Dark chocolate and even a peppery,leathery flavor that i don't find in a lot of cohibas.

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0

~brooks
Hmmm.....Not what I hear.....What I have heard is that they taste absolutley amazing. Specially for the price, Gran reserva is 100$ a stick and imo a bit to expencive but they say this is the one to spend your money on!
That said the habanist that i asked have cigars going back from 60s and have tasted every cc on the market worth smoking so that why I´m buying, and if I dont like them I think it will be very easy to sell the sticks for what I bought it.
But I do understand that everybody appriciates different cigars, (and dont kill me now) but the few tatuaje and padrone i smoked didnt impress me at all and the ones i smoked was expencive!

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
wow really? i smoked the 52 and the 56 and i thought they were excellent! I thought they were loaded with flavor. Very earthy, creamy, Dark chocolate and even a peppery,leathery flavor that i don't find in a lot of cohibas.

Honestly, I guess I was just expecting more, something different tastewise then a regular Cohiba...and while it WAS stronger, I never got that amazing difference I was looking for...

It is a good stick, no doubt (and might turn into a great stick with a bit of age), but I can't see myself buying into a box just because it is a bit stonger then a reg production Cohiba...

**Shrug**

~brooks

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Honestly, I guess I was just expecting more, something different tastewise then a regular Cohiba...and while it WAS stronger, I never got that amazing difference I was looking for...

It is a good stick, no doubt (and might turn into a great stick with a bit of age), but I can't see myself buying into a box just because it is a bit stonger then a reg production Cohiba...

**Shrug**

~brooks
They could be hitting their sick period too. I really enoyed them really fresh but that goes for me and all cohiba generally. It has been a bit since I have smoked one so not sure how they may have changed

Posted via Mobile Device

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
This thread caught my eye because I was reading an article in the Spring 2010 Cigar Magazine (sent to me with a shipment of cigars), just two days ago, entitled "The World's Most Expensive Cigar", written by CM's "Man in Havana", Simon Chase. The cigar in question was none other than the Behike 40th Anniversary. It went on to talk about the new line of Behikes for this spring, which is to be a permanent, much more affordable addition to the Cohiba line, although production is said to be limited to 200,000 cigars. It was a really great article on the history of the line, and would make a really great companion to your box of Behikes, I think. I'm done with the magazine and I'll be more than happy to mail it to you if you want it.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
This thread caught my eye because I was reading an article in the Spring 2010 Cigar Magazine (sent to me with a shipment of cigars), just two days ago, entitled "The World's Most Expensive Cigar", written by CM's "Man in Havana", Simon Chase. The cigar in question was none other than the Behike 40th Anniversary. It went on to talk about the new line of Behikes for this spring, which is to be a permanent, much more affordable addition to the Cohiba line, although production is said to be limited to 200,000 cigars. It was a really great article on the history of the line, and would make a really great companion to your box of Behikes, I think. I'm done with the magazine and I'll be more than happy to mail it to you if you want it.

Cigar Magazine is 85 page advertisement for all things Altadis...including their Cuban intrests. Do they even take advertising dollars from competitors?

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
Cigar Magazine is 85 page advertisement for all things Altadis...including their Cuban intrests. Do they even take advertising dollars from competitors?
True enough. That would likely explain why they sent it to me for free with a box of smokes. I don't subscribe, and I don't bother reading the advertisements. I did enjoy some of the articles though, and just thought he might like to have it to go along with the box.

Rating - 100%
134   0   0
You would definitely be at odds with Sucklings review then Brooks. In the latest CA mag he didn't directly say so, but suggested this would receive close to if not a 100 if he reviewed new sticks instead of just vintage stuff.

tandblov

Just Another Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Suckling is a joke.

but I still won't be buying these. The falling quality of the regular production in favor of the ultra special whatever pisses me off.

until they get their act together, I have no problem avoiding products like these.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
You would definitely be at odds with Sucklings review then Brooks. In the latest CA mag he didn't directly say so, but suggested this would receive close to if not a 100 if he reviewed new sticks instead of just vintage stuff.
I have no problem going against Suckling :)

~brooks