What's new

College Football Pick 'Em 2022

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Can someone explain

Derek Carr is talking to the Saints, he becomes a free agent in a week or so, has a clause that allows him to approve any trade the raiders make, a huge contract that the Raiders do not want to pay and he seems to want to be reunited with Dennis Allen.

Why would the Saints give the Raiders a 3rd round draft choice for him when they could let him hit the open market and pick him up in free agency

Can someone explain how the salary cap hit is different in a trade then in Free Agency, seems to be important in negotiations.

Why is Carr no longer welcome at the Raiders?

Should the Saints package the 1st and 2nd from Denver for Payton and move up for a QB?

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Why is Carr no longer welcome at the Raiders?
Carr sucks, that's why. He's lucky he didn't get booted years ago.

All this stuff your talking about is why I'm not a big NFL fan.
It's just a product. There is no loyalty to teams or cities. It's all $$$$$.
College football is superior and always will be. THERE IS NO DEBATE!!!;)(y)

Al are you gonna join us this year??? If not, would you be more interested in NFL pick em?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Carr sucks, that's why. He's lucky he didn't get booted years ago.

All this stuff your talking about is why I'm not a big NFL fan.
It's just a product. There is no loyalty to teams or cities. It's all $$$$$.
College football is superior and always will be. THERE IS NO DEBATE!!!;)(y)

Al are you gonna join us this year??? If not, would you be more interested in NFL pick em?
I have to think about it. Similar to last year my wife has had to schedule a year's worth of vacation after hurricane season so we will be on the road quite a bit.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I think the Saints are working with people that can help Carr keep his brain straight. Allen drafted Carr (and then lost his job) so there is a relationship and the Saints brought in Gruden to consult with Carr. I also think the Saints are a better team then the Raiders. As they say at this point it's all talk, in a couple of weeks we'll have a pretty good idea of where this experiment is going to take us.

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
The Saints hired John Gruden as a QB coach??? No way!
That's huge if it's true!
Looks like they play the Chiefs next week in pre season. It'll be interesting to see how Carr gels with his new teammates if they let him play, which I would assume they would.
Ya neva know what could happen!;)(y)

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@highsierrasmokin'

From what I understand Gruden's title is "consultant". The only thing he does is talk to Carr, not sure if he has any other responsibilities except "talking to Carr". Allen appears to have blessed the relationship so apparantly he doesn't think Gruden is there as head coach in waiting.

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
@highsierrasmokin'

From what I understand Gruden's title is "consultant". The only thing he does is talk to Carr, not sure if he has any other responsibilities except "talking to Carr". Allen appears to have blessed the relationship so apparantly he doesn't think Gruden is there as head coach in waiting.
He must be a very expensive consultant!