What's new

Conceal Carry Handguns

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Great thread. I currently carry my USP Comp .40, but looking for something smaller to stick in my pocket. Too heavy with all the rounds in tow. This will help me narrow down my choices. Still thinking .40 though.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Great thread. I currently carry my USP Comp .40, but looking for something smaller to stick in my pocket. Too heavy with all the rounds in tow. This will help me narrow down my choices. Still thinking .40 though.
Kahr pm40 is a nice little pocket gun. I'd shoot one first though. They kick like hell in .40, and I'd say the 9mm would be a better choice. The .40 is very snappy in the little guns and follow up shots can be difficult.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
a .40 that is a true pocket rocket is a hard order to fill...

Im not a big fan of mouse guns.. but the best pocket rocket I've found (for me) is a ruger LCP in .380...

I havent found a 9mm or .40 yet that can truly be pocket carried that is small and thin enough to not print, and can reliably be presented from the pocket, quickly..

If youre just wanting something smaller/lighter than the USP.. that you will still wear on the belt somewhere... there are tons of great options out there depending on your specific requirements (will probably be buying a G43 for the wife very soon for just this purpose..)..

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Hendy, with today's ballistics a 9mm or 380 will suit you well for a pocket carry. Carry my Sig P238 alot and it's an awesome gun in 380. Come on out and shoot various guns in my stash if needed to try different ones.

Zclassy1

If it's worth doing, It's worth doing right.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you don't mind me saying so, the Sig 2022 9mm is a very nice mid size, affordable, pocket gun, I picked one up for just that for $420. It's a fine piece.

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
a .40 that is a true pocket rocket is a hard order to fill...

Im not a big fan of mouse guns.. but the best pocket rocket I've found (for me) is a ruger LCP in .380...

I havent found a 9mm or .40 yet that can truly be pocket carried that is small and thin enough to not print, and can reliably be presented from the pocket, quickly..

If youre just wanting something smaller/lighter than the USP.. that you will still wear on the belt somewhere... there are tons of great options out there depending on your specific requirements (will probably be buying a G43 for the wife very soon for just this purpose..)..
I used to carry a PPK. 380. The weight for the size was killing me. Check out the m&p shield in 9mm. Love mine! And for the money it can't be beat IMO. Got mine brand new for 359 plus tax

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ChipS

Chip
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I used to carry a PPK. 380. The weight for the size was killing me. Check out the m&p shield in 9mm. Love mine! And for the money it can't be beat IMO. Got mine brand new for 359 plus tax
Did you pick that up local or ship to an FFL? I'm looking at switching to the M&P Shield 9mm for EDC but prices I've found at local shops are higher than that.

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Thanks I'll keep looking local.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
I'm sure a local could order one for you too. They aren't anything rare. They also come with the safety option. I got one with no safety since it has the internal hammer

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Boberg xr9s is easy to carry, light, has good ballistic numbers, and chews ammo like a sewing machine, the difference in recoil is unreal. They are pricey, but if you get past that, you won't be disappointed...
XR9 s.JPG

Big Tex

Meathead
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Boberg xr9s is easy to carry, light, has good ballistic numbers, and chews ammo like a sewing machine, the difference in recoil is unreal. They are pricey, but if you get past that, you won't be disappointed...
View attachment 73569
Nice piece!
A local collector/dealer of antique English shotguns and hunting gear has a cigar/coffee shop combined in the same building. I asked him one morning as I was having my coffee and cigar if he sells any modern firearms and his reply was "one". He brings out the Boberg and we spent the next hour discussing it, the manufacturing facility, reliability and odd feed mechanism.
They are a bit pricey, but worth it for the reliability and ability to shoot near any ammo that you can find.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IronW

Andrew
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
My carry weapon is a Smith & Wesson M&P .40, it's full frame double stacked magazine for 15+1 capacity and is still small enough to conceal without printing. Then again, I've also carried a full size 1911 .45 but ended up finding it to be a little large to conceal comfortably.
Nylon, in the waist band holster for concealed is the way to go.