What's new

Conceal Carry Handguns

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I carry a S&W 669, m&p 45c or on a limited basis a keltec p32. I love my 669, very light weight, holds 12 rds and still fits my hands.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just looking for general impressions. Wife carries a S&W Bodyguard and hates the DA trigger. I'm not super keen on the 380 round but the Lehigh defense 90gr Penetrator looks like a nice defensive round option.
If she hates the DA trigger pull then take a look at the SIG Sauer P238 or Glock 42 or if she wants to step up to 9mm SIG P938 or Glock 43 or Springfield XDs.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I can carry concealed in 30 states but not in my home state of NY but when I do I carry an older Astra 75 .40 cal. My hands are pretty large ( I can barely fit two fingers on the grips of a Glock 26) so it's the smallest gun I own that I can conceal. It's also a plus that it's all stainless, if I empty my mag and the perp is still coming I can beat the crap out of him with it!

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I can carry concealed in 30 states but not in my home state of NY but when I do I carry an older Astra 75 .40 cal. My hands are pretty large ( I can barely fit two fingers on the grips of a Glock 26) so it's the smallest gun I own that I can conceal. It's also a plus that it's all stainless, if I empty my mag and the perp is still coming I can beat the crap out of him with it!
Utah CCW?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Se
Just picked up a 9mm Shield for $300. Didn't need one, but I felt like I couldn't pass up the deal.

Have a PPS already, so the single stack subcompact is already covered, and I'm a wheelgun guy anyway. But I can't turn down a good deal
Sell it for a profit :).

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I just bought a S&W 642 .38, didn't get the chance to shoot it yet, but it is probably going to be my new carry, depending on how well I can shoot it. Any thoughts on this pistol
I have it's near-twin, the 442. Great for deep concealment for pocket carry. Unforgiving in shootability and recoil.
I think CT grips are a must have for it. I also added the Apex kit to smooth out the trigger. It's a great gun for what it is, albeit at a little lesser quality than older j-frames, but I love it.
NOT an easy gun to get good hits with. Be prepared for an obnoxious amount of painful practice.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
tell me more about this apex kit. how hard is it too install
I think it took me 5 minutes. It lightens the trigger a couple pounds. If you prefer the stock weight, you just use the original spring.
It really smoothed out my trigger. While I had no stacking from the factory, I could definitely feel some rough movement internally.

Midway has a decent description and includes the installation videos: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/312808/apex-tactical-duty-carry-spring-kit-s-and-w-j-frame-31-32-34-36-37-38-42-49-60-63-631-632-637-638-640-642-649

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
For me the trigger is too heavy to shoot quickly and accurately and it is a little too light for +p ammo. I would prefer a few more ounces and a lighter trigger. That is just my preference. It is a great gun that should serve you well for a long time to come. Plus, you can carry it in a coat pocket without it becoming overly obvious. My uncle use to carry one in his coat pocket during the winter. When he dropped his keys in the opposite pocket you couldn't tell he was carrying. The coat hung evenly.
I just bought a S&W 642 .38, didn't get the chance to shoot it yet, but it is probably going to be my new carry, depending on how well I can shoot it. Any thoughts on this pistol