What's new

Crowned Heads - La Imperiosa

driver

Attitude + Effort = Results
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
BOTL - And we're not gonna "re-package" the cigars in some marketing-driven BS bundle with a goofy name/sticker on them and charge you $18++ per cigar....

Just saying. LOL

Cheers.

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads
Love this guy!!! Keep it up. I can get over the romance of the limited edition.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
I tread lightly here but I was left with mixed emotions. There was a romance with seeing the lc2014 in my humidor knowing they were special. Now there just a rugular really good cigar. I know I'm a big sap but disappointed:(
I am not bothered by this whatsoever. Very happy in fact that I will get to smoke a variety of different sizes in this blend. And I will hold out hope that a LE lancero will be released in the future too.

Stogie_Bear

Chulo Savage
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I agree with the 'romance' notion of having some more LC14s in the humi to last a while....

That being said, those of you that had this same perspective need to shake it off. Your sweet sweet 2014 Las Cals remain pure and untainted and now you get to experience the blend in all new sizes, potentially deepening the passion you have for this blend. For me, I'm ecstatic.

Consider this... I believe with ever fiber in my being that the Hecho con Corazon was the best size available at the time for this blend. It had an unmarked red ribbon as a band and wasn't part of the regular release. Imagine the near heart attack I experienced when I read that an even larger sampling of sizes in this blend are going to be available, and let yourself feel the same. There should be no sadness here, simply a celebration that we get to continue to enjoy this blend even more with the additional sizes, shedding any sort of bitterness that may be had because the LC15 was not the same blend as the LC14. This release allows us to celebrate both the old and the new, exclusively but also in a codependent environment. Hopefully, this will heighten your love for the LC14 blend and open our eyes to the LC15 blend now that you don't "need" to compare it to the LC14, as if to compare this mistress to the last. ;)

Be happy. Soak it in. Feel the light. Smile big. La Imperiosa is here to dry your tears and tuck you into bed.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate it when companies do this. I mean, most of us waited anxiously. Kept badgering our BnMs and other suppliers. Maybe even stayed up late or woke up really early. Just to get a hold of ''Limited Editions''.

I mean, why didn't they just make it a regular production in the first place? What was their motivation in realising it as a limited ed? I thought cigars are limited due to the short supply of the leaves needed.

I feel cheated. Not financially, but emotionally. Kyle did the same thing with the Don Reynaldo. Now everytime I smoke one from my precious box, I'm just reminded that I got suckerpunched somehow.

Now I guess I won't be able to enjoy my 2014 LC like I used to. It's no longer special. It's a great cigar no doubt. But it's no longer special.

I'm disappointed with these two companies. Not that it matters though. Afterall, I'm just a really small fish in a really big sea. But now, I wont be able to bring myself to enjoy their offerings. At least for now.

Now where did I put that Limited Ed Pepin...

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Look at the bright side, anyone with 14s own original releases. But they are even more special than that, they mean something.

I don't think the blend itself was meant to be a LE with the Las Calaveras, I believe @JonHuber wanted the concept and line to be a LE because it's special every year. So the idea of limited tobaccos equaling limited supply does not necessarily mean the same thing with the Las Calaveras.

Just my 2 cents so take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
An original mint Incredible Hulk 181 1st appearance Wolverine has more WOW value than a reprint. But begs queston are we buying cigars to collect or to smoke? Have we as adults just replaced comics with cigars?
I think a certain number of people "invested" in the LC2014's and are frustrated that their investment isn't going to pay out like they planned. Since the announcement I've been seeing boxes of LC2014's popping up on a few cigar groups I'm in. It looks like those that were collecting are now trying to sell out before more people hear about the announcement that the blend will become regular production.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I for one don't buy cigars to sell. But I buy by the Box. So i don't get to smoke the limited editions as soon as I get them. But I go through the trouble of aquiring them, even though I know that I might be only be able to smoke them in a year or so.

I like knowing that after a couple of years, I will be one of the the very few who will still be able to enjoy the Limited Ed cigar.

Its pretty simple really. If a company can make it a regular production, they should do so. Their customers will love them for it. Specially if it is a great stick. Heck, I would love it if there were no such thing as Limited Eds. It would change my buying habits. I wouldn't have to buy by the box and I wouldn't have to badger Andrew at Smallbatchcigars.

But there is a prestige that envelopes you when you know that you are the only 1 who is still smoking a particular cigar. After all, you earned it. You bought a box, maybe three. You squirreled it away. Smoking only 1 every few months or years. It adds to the enjoyment, at least for me it does.

But suddenly making it a regular production sours my experience with that cigar. That my efforts were for nothing. And was appreciated by no one.

You know that feeling you got when Ned Stark or Rob Stark died. That is how I feel now.

Di I still watch GoT? Yes. Will I still buy Crownedheads Cigars? Yes. But my experience has been soured.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I for one don't buy cigars to sell. But I buy by the Box. So i don't get to smoke the limited editions as soon as I get them. But I go through the trouble of aquiring them, even though I know that I might be only be able to smoke them in a year or so.

I like knowing that after a couple of years, I will be one of the the very few who will still be able to enjoy the Limited Ed cigar.

Its pretty simple really. If a company can make it a regular production, they should do so. Their customers will love them for it. Specially if it is a great stick. Heck, I would love it if there were no such thing as Limited Eds. It would change my buying habits. I wouldn't have to buy by the box and I wouldn't have to badger Andrew at Smallbatchcigars.

But there is a prestige that envelopes you when you know that you are the only 1 who is still smoking a particular cigar. After all, you earned it. You bought a box, maybe three. You squirreled it away. Smoking only 1 every few months or years. It adds to the enjoyment, at least for me it does.

But suddenly making it a regular production sours my experience with that cigar. That my efforts were for nothing. And was appreciated by no one.

You know that feeling you got when Ned Stark or Rob Stark died. That is how I feel now.

Di I still watch GoT? Yes. Will I still buy Crownedheads Cigars? Yes. But my experience has been soured.
Not to sound like a complete dick, but I don't think many people give much thought to your efforts in buying cigars. And fewer still probably "appreciate" those efforts.

There's plenty of LEs out there if that's your thing. You can buy the CoRo Supremo and feel quite happy that you have something no one else does. For me, that's not the point of cigar smoking. I give away at least as many LEs as I smoke. I find the enjoyment in sharing a great cigar and now more people can share in this one.

I'd call this 100% good news and I'm thrilled to hear it (since I've only got one Lc2014 left!)

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Let me say I'm a huge Crowned Heads fan. I have CH busting out of my tower, but this really disappoints me.
When a cigar is advertised as a LE ,and we buy it under the assumption it is a LE but it turns out not to be kind of turns me off.
I feel kind of duped here.
That being said I'll probably still buy this new one even though it's the old one.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Let me say I'm a huge Crowned Heads fan. I have CH busting out of my tower, but this really disappoints me.
When a cigar is advertised as a LE ,and we buy it under the assumption it is a LE but it turns out not to be kind of turns me off.
I feel kind of duped here.
That being said I'll probably still buy this new one even though it's the old one.
The sizes of the original are still LE so CH gets by on a technicality.