What's new

Cut Preference

Preferred Cut

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I'm a double guillotine. Currently using Xikar Xi Carbon fibre hinged double guillotine. It was lovely gift from my girlfriend, who bought the matching Xikar lighter on a trip to Vegas prior to that. (It had nothing to do with constant bugging her that there was a matching cutter... nnnoooooo.....)

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
There really should be an option called "it depends". I like to use a V cut on most corona's, churchill's etc. but that obviously won't work for the torpedo's. Then I use the palio. On the really big ring gauges like for a LFD DL-700 I usually punch it.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Double Blade Guillotine is the way to go. Used to like the punch but if the blades are nice and sharp on the Guillotine the cut is smoth and there is no bits in the mouth.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the cigar, but I would say I gravitate towards the Palio most often. Would like to try the xikar multi tool, I've heard good things. will have to pick one up.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I voted for the double blade but when I go somewhere I bring my bugatti lighter with the built in punch cut so I don't have to have a pair of cutters in my pocket. I am thinking about getting the Xikar ultra slim lighter cutter set but would like to hear from someone who has that already and see if they like it. So does anyone have that set? Let me know what you think please.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
99% of the time I use my Xikar X8 on my cigars. I've just never been able to get into the punch or V cutters. I do keep a Xikar 009 on my keychain just in case I don't have my coat on me, which is where my X8 has found almost permanent residence. The X8 can cut up to a 64 ring gauge, so I've never had a need for any other type of cutter.

Hayblet

Guided Missle
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
95% I use a Double Blade (the Cuban Crafter's Perfect Cutter) if I forgot my cutter I have The Cigar Spike on my key chain so that's kind of like a punch?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I would like to buy a v-cutter but the only ones I am finding are about $1 anyone have any hints for finding a quality one for sale??

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I double guillotine.. haven't really tried any other option besides the single blade, and I prefer the double to that.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been using a Xikar multi-tool for about a year (scissors). Just tried out the X8 by Xikar and it really works well. Had a 66 ring Nub Habano and I could stick it though the cutter! Very sharp and much like the Palio with 2 blades, 1 being fixed. The Palio looks cool, but the X8 at half the price ($19.99-$25) makes it look pretty nice too!

Fia

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Been using a Xikar multi-tool for about a year (scissors). Just tried out the X8 by Xikar and it really works well. Had a 66 ring Nub Habano and I could stick it though the cutter! Very sharp and much like the Palio with 2 blades, 1 being fixed. The Palio looks cool, but the X8 at half the price ($19.99-$25) makes it look pretty nice too!
The Xikar X8 is a great cutter and gaining in popularity here in Hawaii.:peace: