What's new

Cut Preference

Preferred Cut

• Total voters

madiaz

coronita
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There really should be an option called "it depends". I like to use a V cut on most corona's, churchill's etc. but that obviously won't work for the torpedo's. Then I use the palio. On the really big ring gauges like for a LFD DL-700 I usually punch it.
I am the opposite. I will use a v cut exclusively on torpedos and piramides.
forV cut i use a wolf german blade.

In the rare event i am not getting enough draw i will re snip the torpedo so the cut looks like this +

I voted machete because if it is not a torpedo i like to pop the top with a knife. I don't really know why but i dislike the crunch sound that happens when you cut a cigar with a guillotine and it just seems unnatural. :dunno:

regards,
m.a.d.

Last edited:

Easyryder01

The Adjuster
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I prefer a punch, I have always chosen my cigars based upon that I don't want to use a cutter, only a punch. Until a couple of days ago my buddy Brutus here on the forum he introduced me to a guilatine cutter that has a hole on the other side that the torpedo tip fits into and the rest is a standard cutter so I can do torpedo and I don't have to worry about taking too much off and not perfectly square. Well I don't know where he got this cutter but I have opened myself up to more variety of smokes now cuz of it. I still like the punch though. I never tried the cross cut, afraid of messing up a good stick.

Toaster

Aging Daily
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a Xikar guy. I like a full cut, and just about ALWAYS have my triple flame torch lighter and my montecristo logo xikar cutter with me, just in case I run in to a cigar I think deserves to die