What's new

Cut Preference

Preferred Cut

• Total voters

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Xikar or Palio. I like the full draw I get from the cut. V cuts close on me and the punch seems to give me a hot/sharp draw. Plus there is the whole ritual thing......

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I like a punch on large ring gauge. I just make multiple punches and the area of draw is very comparable to a double blade. On smaller rings or a cigar with a tapered head I use a double or single blade. Double blades tend to give me more tobacco in the mouth.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Prefer cut (I have a cheapy single blade) but bought an effective lighter that has 2 punches built in. Makes me fully portable in one unit. Don't have to woory about "now where'd that cutter go" syndrome. I like the convienience. The larger punch usually gives sufficient draw. On occassion I have had to double tap.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sheesh. I'm getting sick of being in the minorities in these polls. Not only am I one of the few who prefer a V-notch, I'm also one of the oldest farts around. Of course, I knew that about both topics long before viewing the results.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with the punch but someone pointed out that the nicotine gums up around the hole. Once I started noticing it I couldn't stop so I bought a cutter and have never looked back. I keep a punch in my backpack and in my truck incase I can't find the double blade.

I also keep one of the buck knives that uses a sheet rock blade handy.:thumbsup:

Cheers
Dennis

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Son of Perfecto said:
I started with the punch but someone pointed out that the nicotine gums up around the hole. Once I started noticing it I couldn't stop so I bought a cutter and have never looked back. I keep a punch in my backpack and in my truck incase I can't find the double blade.

I also keep one of the buck knives that uses a sheet rock blade handy.:thumbsup:

Cheers
Dennis
I was the same way

pdonlin

aka Tumbleweed
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've always used a doubleblade g cut, and recently just switched from my cheapo cutter to a new Palio (very nice BTW). I have a punch sitting here but have yet to try it... I guess if I didnt like how it turned out I could always just do my normal cut :dunno:

cjazz

Hecho en USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chalk up another vote for the Palio. I was a punch guy after having a cheap guillotine tear a few smokes. But the first time I saw a buddy at the local B&M pull out the Palio, I knew I would have to have one. I think I've only used a punch once since.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Traveling I use Double blade because its easy to keep good sharp ones, punch for CAO Brazilia Amazon because they kept unraveling with the blade, Swiss Army scissors at home for the great cut and Xikar titianum for those times at a party when one hand is all I got and I want to flaunt it a little.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Traveling I use Double blade because its easy to keep good sharp ones, punch for CAO Brazilia Amazon because they kept unraveling with the blade, Swiss Army scissors at home for the great cut and Xikar titianum for those times at a party when one hand is all I got and I want to flaunt it a little.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
thebigo said:
I can't wait to get a Palio with all the good things I hear about them.
cigarmony.com has great prices on them. It's where I got mine. I haven't been happier with it! :stretchgr:smokingbo