What's new

Cut Preference

Preferred Cut

• Total voters
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prefer V Cut (because that is what my grandfather's old german cutter produces) but I'll use whatever is handy: punch, single blade, double blade, scissors or my old standby pen knife; unfortunately this is less of a standby since I keep cleaning out my pockets and breifcase before I fly <g>. I am interested in getting a CF Palio tho'.
-frank

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Prefer V Cut (because that is what my grandfather's old german cutter produces) but I'll use whatever is handy: punch, single blade, double blade, scissors or my old standby pen knife; unfortunately this is less of a standby since I keep cleaning out my pockets and breifcase before I fly <g>. I am interested in getting a CF Palio tho'.
-frank
Welcome to the board Frank! Jump over to the Intro room and tell us a bit about yourself!

I want a new CF Palio too!

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
about a month ago at a shop in Milwaukee i bought a "cheapie" V-cutter for $1.99. its plastic, but the blade was super sharp and i thought "what the hell, its 2 bucks. it works perfectly for smaller ring gauges. (perfect for a Sig II)

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I still have not used a v-cutter. This needs to go on top of the list of "things to do"

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I think a double blade guillotine cut, cuts cleaner, produces less/no tobacco bits and the ability for a good draw. Seems to me punches and V cuts would impede draws as they don't produce as much area on the open end of the cigar as the double blade guillotine cut IMHO.

John

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Anyone ever use a cigar piercer? How do these work or do they concentrate the smoke too much?

For most cigars I use a punch, some a double blade.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Most of the time I use my Xikar Wolf V Cutter, otherwise it's a Double Blade Guillotine (Xikar, of course!)

This reverse v-cut ensures that your cigar will not tear and this cutter accomodates a larger ring size. It is made with a German steel blade. It can be had for under $10.00.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Apparently back in the day I voted scissors, which is odd because I have never used scissors in my life. I always use a double bladed Palio.