What's new

Daily Workout

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Day 2 Legs and abs - Had to substitute some of the exercises due to my knee but all and all good workout.

Still feel yesterdays work out in my chest!

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Sadly, this morning was just too much for me. I couldn't get up when my alarm started yelling at me. I'll have to try to get in a run after work today but that almost never happens...

Lorax429

Dagum
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
It seems I managed to aggravate my back again yesterday. I am a mess... I think maybe I need to take the rest of the week completely off. Stay out of the gym and give my body a little down time because right now I am caught in a vicious circle between my shoulder and my back.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Couldn't get to the gym Tuesday OR Wednesday :shame: I added an extra mile and did 100 pushups this morning to make up for it though. Hopefully I won't miss two days in a row again for a while

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Just finished bench workout. Got pushed this week which'll make tomorrow's Deadlifing that much harder lol. Glad to get it done early though. G1

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Last week was a good week with the new routine. Abs still a bit sore from friday but a good thing.

Back to chest and shoulders today.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
After a weekend full of snacks, wings, and beer...I got in 5 miles and 75 pushups this morning. Hopefully they'll cancel each other out a bit...

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
My chest day takes about 1 1/2 hours. I only rest 30 sec's between sets and sets are 6-10 reps. I only do dumbells and cables since I don't have a spotter either.

My Back day takes between 1-1 1/2 hours.

My leg day only takes about 45 min to 1hr.

Not that long really if you think about it. I love it and am at the gym anyway since my I'm there with my son who is on the swim team and practices 5 days a week.

I'm in bulk mode, not maintenance, so trying to add some size. Once his swim season ends I'll back off a bit and go into cut sessions to shape it up and burn more fat, but I have another 2 months before I switch. I also change up my routine every 3 months to keep it fresh. I love to work out and feel off when I don't.

I figure I spend 16 hours a day sitting on my arse working and doing shit...I can spare 1-2 hours of that 3-5 days a week to stay in shape.

Man, how long are your workouts?? Even back in the day, I think I may have done half of the exercises and still took me 2-2.5hours.

Used to do a 5 day with 2 days off a week
Monday- Chest and Tri's
Tuesday-Back and Bi's
Weds-Off
Thurs-Shoulders
Fri-Legs
Sat-Overall (high rep whole body)
Sun-Off
Abs and cardio every day post lifting.

Now I'm working the same powerlifting routine that I did when I was competing but obviously much lighter lol, I can still use the saw belt I did when competing and actually use the same holes so I'm happy with that! Workouts still take about 2 hours which makes it difficult as I have to do it in the am as opposed to when I'm more awake.

Mon- Squats with a couple of supporting moves at the end
Tues-Off
Weds-Bench again with a couple of supporting moves at the end
Thurs-Shoulders and arms
Friday-Deadlift
Sat/Sun Off

What are abs lol.

G1

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
While I like p90x for those that need to lose weight and gain an overall fitness level, it has it's limits. Muscle confusion only works for so long and you will peak with it and not see any gains after a certain amount of time, that time being different for everyone based on their fitness level when they start it.

I'm a big believer in Wolffs law:

The body conforms and adapts to the intensities and directions it is habitually subjected to.

The other thing I don't like about the p90x is the length of the workout...for maintenance it doesn't make sense. It's not a lifestyle IMO. I know that contradicts my current workout, but my current workout has a set plan and isn't a lifetime. :) For an alternative to p90x some may want to look at www.athleanX.com ; he claims you'll get the same results in 1/2 the time per workout and is sustainable over a longer period of time. I don't use it but I do use a lot of his meals off of youtube.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Um... I run, do pushups, and do situps. Might venture into the actual gym from time to time. Yep, that's about it.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I agree with NCost, P90X is a great starter tool to get people into a routine. Outside out that you'll eventually peak out and stop seeing results. At this point you've already got your body established a bit and can start hitting the gym to work out the trouble areas.

Usually I'm in the gym doing bulk weight but after starting my desk job I packed on some serious love handle weight that I never had before. Gotta shed it off and get my weight back under control before I get back in the gym.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Man I've never been out a couple weeks with an injury. My back feels 95% better but gonna take it easy for another couple days. Might go in and do some cardio though.

Lorax429

Dagum
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Today I did some ab work, a little rehab on the rotator cuff and 20 min on the stationary bike. Now it is time to drink my mud flavored protein.....

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I'm terrible about doing abs or cardio. I hate both, but need both. Sux.

The other bad thing for me is I don't get a lot of selection of Protein powder due to I'm allergic to Whey, so it's Soy protein or nothing (or tons of chicken and red meat)...so I'm pretty limited.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do 25-30 minutes on a stationary bike daily and work a different muscle group every day...except on the weekends because I'm smokin and drinkin! My muscle workouts are slow with high weight. I am bulk muscle oriented. Never really liked the crossfit lean and fast thing.