What's new

Day 6 : Drew Estate / BOTL Holiday Extravaganza

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Started with Colts and White Owls at the bars and golfing when I was about 19ish, then one day thought I would get a real cigar to just give'er a whirl. Bought an Upmann Corona Major in the old silver tube, and was blissfully aware of the nuances that good tobacco can give you. Didn't really pick up the ball and run with it for a few years as the prices up here are deterants for most people, but slowly built into a passion over a few years.

drbell15

SmallWaveDave
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
In high school a friend of mine smuggled a "cuban" back from europe for us to share

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I smoked cigars once in awhile with friends at bars and they were usually shitty. Then my buddy @Mythsmoker came along and set me straight.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 while getting a blumpkin!

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
When I was 18 my father had received a few Montecristo #2's from a work partner in Canada. He was sitting in the back yard smoking one and I muttered something about it smelling good. Next thing I know he is cutting one for me and teaching me the proper way to smoke it. Been in love since.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Instead of doing normal father son activities like play ball, fish, work on cars, my dad put a cigar in my mouth at the age of 14. I'm now 31....best dad ever!

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Back in the day, when you could smoke at your table in restaurants, was at the Chop House in Chitown and the sheer aroma of cigar smoke was intoxicating! Went to Ries the next day, picked up some Hemingways, the rest is history. G1

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
My best friend was getting into them and brought me along on the journey. First "cigar" was a peach flavored gas station variety. Then I had a Macanudo something. All downhill from there.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Smoked a cigar here and there at wedding receptions and poker games in my early 20's. When I got a job at 24 where I was in a vehicle overnight, I started smoking cigars about every night on graveyard shift. Wasn't until many years later until I started smoking premium cigars, but now I smoke an average of 2 or 3 most days.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was always curious about them. I decided to start smoking back in 2005, while on a cruise for my college graduation. I really got into the habit/hobby/obsession in January of this year.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Started smoking them on the golf course in high school during practice. Been hooked since!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started in 2008 after watching an older co-worker smoke a Partagas. He seemed to be enjoying himself way more than the cigarette smokers! Luckily, he was nice enough to share details of the cigar and I become fascinated with how the flavors he was describing came from rolled up tobacco leaves without any other additives. After a few more days of questions, he handed me a Macanudo Gold Label and taught me the proper cutting, lighting, and smoking techniques. I've been hooked ever since.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I might have had a few cigars earlier on in life which I don't remember, but the first cigar I do remember was driving from Minnesota to Seattle to stay with a girl I met in Hawaii earlier on Spring Break. I spent a week+ with her touring around the Seattle area and we went up to Vancouver BC... I ended up buying a Cohiba Robusto, it kicked my ass and the rest is history! LOL

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I always liked smell of cigars and pipe tobacco.
I went on holiday to Cuba and tried a couple and the slippery slope started. I Joined this forum and the slope became a cliff, I now have more cigars in my modest collection than my nearest b&m

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I'm dad smoked cigar so was curious.But I like fires in a fire pit with friends like fourkicksfan and cigars make small talk a all night talking about live,family,and problems.So there is a couple of reasons and I think my brothers can relate to this.