What's new

Day 6 : Drew Estate / BOTL Holiday Extravaganza

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a hottub and to add to the relaxation I tried smoking cigars for the enjoyment. Five years later, I'm addicted. It's the only hour or two I get to myself to relax, with or without the hottub. Something I can do without my brain wandering. A hobby where you can truly find enjoyment within it.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
A good friend I used to work with was really into it and introduced me to "real" cigars...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Smoked a few in college with some friends for Birthdays and always enjoyed them. I took a bit more interest a few years after college kind of out of the blue as a change from the normal day to day. Started going to the local cigar shop and became fast friends with the owner and his father. Been going a few times a week ever since. Made more friends and had more good conversation in the past year than ever before. Cigars have honestly been a huge help to me in establishing myself in the local community here.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
A friend got hooked while in Cuba and then got me hooked. Shared many a cigar and rum after dinner with good conversation.

Rating - 100%
152   0   0
My uncle would always smoke machine mades while we went fishing; I liked the idea and found a good shop when the wife & I moved. Great contest and Merry Christmas!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I've been smoking cigars for probably close to 15 years, but I think my enthusiasm really began about 5 years ago when a friend invited me to something called CigarFest sponsored by CigarsInternational in the Poconos. He had an extra ticket and asked me to go, but I wasn't overly interested - I smoked an occasional celebratory cigar but didn't think I was at the level that would appreciate something called CigarFest. He ended up selling me on it by promising a weekend away from the "wives" along with cigars, scotch, poker and steaks, and I bit! By the end of a great weekend, I had purchased my first humidor and its all built from there.

MICSTOGIE

Gear-Head-Banger
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Quit smoking cigarettes and my buddy Rob (Zoso) got me into this great hobby 2 years or so ago.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Technology

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I lived in Tampa as a police officer and with a cigar store on every corner....I was fortunate enough to meet many cigar faces and try many things....still love it!

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
My Dad smokes machine made gars...I wanted to see if there was something better...and guess what ...there sure is:cjump:

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
My brother bought me a pipe and pipe tobacco for my high school graduation. I smoked that often with a (cheap) cigar from time to time in college. Then my final year my brother brought me a tatuaje belicoso. Since then its been mostly cigars with an occasional pipe.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
On a deployment we had a couple day stop in Japan en route. After a couple drinks on the golf course with guys from my squadron I decided to try cigars because at the time I didn't know shit about golf either. Plus the hot blonde beer cart girl with a nice rack was very convincing that it would help my golf game and I should try it. Of course she was wrong about it helping my golf game, but I definitely enjoyed the cigar!

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Back in high school I started with swisher sweets and black and molds, just after high school was the first time I visited my local b&m and I was hooked