What's new

Day 6 : Drew Estate / BOTL Holiday Extravaganza

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I first for started some years ago on the golf course. At that time I was very casual about it, but it paved the way for my current obsession.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I got started the day after my daughter was born over 11 years ago. It started with a gifted stick from a good friend... a China No. 5 if I remember correctly (I believe it was an Acid line cigar)... and a reason to celebrate. I enjoyed it and stuck with the infused cigars for a year or so before being introduced to a regular cigar (though I can't remember what that was, maybe Macanudo since that same friend always started people off on a Mac Portofinos for their mild flavor). My current tastes came about once I got to experience a true community with the opening of Top Shelf Cigar in Dover NH (now Federal Cigar) and all of the friends I've gained over the years.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
An uncle smoked when I was young and I always enjoyed the aroma. Can't remember my first, but got into them regularly about 3 yrs ago.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My father use to lite up once in a while, he was always my idol. So it became the thing to do. After his passing I smoke and think of him daily.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
Smoked machine made cigars in High School on occasion, but when I went to college a friend that I met got me into premiums... his dad smoked cigars and we would smoke what he had.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I started woodworking, I saw a cool looking humidor online and wanted to build one. when I was done I thought I should learn about the cigars an the rest is history.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started a long time ago in college with what was then a higher end cigar - Macanudo Portofinos and Hyde Parks. Cigars and I've come a long way in selection and blend choices!

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Started a long time ago in college with what was then a higher end cigar - Macanudo Portofinos and Hyde Parks. Cigars and I've come a long way in selection and blend choices!
awesome, 5 posts in the daily contest threads and no intro in the introductions forum.....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first cigar was following my first formal event (a Dining In) in the US Army around 1990 or so. I only had a few sticks at other formal events until I started deploying more and more following 9/11. They are great for camaraderie and stress relief down range!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my late teens and early 20s I smoked anything that came along, including a few cigars. Couldn't tell the difference between a blunt and a Cuban. Then I didn't smoke anything for 11 years.

In may I just started looking on the net. I got interested so I went to my local and got two Oliva ct reserve robustos.

Tnt Cigarguy

BoM Jan 12
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
I had a customer who was a cigar baller now that I look back. He gave me an Opus X. I smoked that thing on Halloween. It is been all downhill since.

FuenteSmoker

Il n'y a pas de fumée san
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
A friend of mines has a close group of friends that get together once a month for dinner and laughter drinks and cigars. I was invited two or three years ago. I had a great time and was invited back again and again.After dinner everyone would retreat to the patio for a smoke and some laughter... I passed on the cigars the first two or three times.. I didn't want to be rude, they've already feed me now there are tying to give me a who knows how expensive cigar...anyway the fourth or fifth time I finally excepted. It's been game over since then. Now I enjoy bringing htf's and stuff they've never heard of to the table talks. It's been a wonderful learning, laffing experience.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
For years, every few months, my bro in law & I would go to a bar called DBA on Frenchmen St. in New Orleans. I'd pick the scotch & he'd bring the sticks. I never had any idea what we were smoking, but loved them:) He and my sister moved away for his residency after med school & that was that for a while. Last year my boss hooked me up with a little sampler & after that it's been a wild ride down the slope.

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Thinking way back, I remember sneaking a Swisher Sweet and thinking it was the best thing ever. Little did I know then that there was so much better out there.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was in high school my buddy dragged me into a cigar store and we bought some Macanudos. We thought we were the shit sitting around smoking those things. It snowballed from there for me.