What's new

Day 7 : Drew Estate / BOTL 8 Day Holiday Extravaganza

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I haven't had the pleasure of meeting anyone in the industry in person yet. I have tried several times to get to some events this summer/fall but haven't had a chance yet. They are always on odd days which are hard to do since they are so far away.

As an online presence, I will have to go with JD, I find it awesome that you put so much time into these forums to answer any questions or just throw in some random thoughts. Hopefully I am able to get to some events next year.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not just saying this because this is a DE thread, but definitely JD. Met him on the BOTL Cigar Safari this year. He's uber smart and could probably take over the world, but he doesn't take himself seriously and is a genuine nice dude.

Honorable mentions: Gary from Emilio and Jose Blanco.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have to say Jon Huber (Four Kicks). Met him once and is one of the like 3 people I've met that are big time cigar players. He is an awesome guy who wants to stand out form the rest. Love his attitude and general awesomeness. (This is prob closed, but wanna get this out there)

Tnt Cigarguy

BoM Jan 12
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
So I would it depend.

Golf: Dion
Out on the town: Matt booth and PJ
Sitting in a lounge smoking a stick: Jose Blanco, Pepin and Nick.
At an event: JD
Dancing would be: Manny RIP
Drinking a beer and having a stick with: the man, the myth and the Legend: Eric, who without this place we could not be doing what we are doing! Thanks E.
And Mr Brooke you can run me around Miami anytime. Thanks again for the contest.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Haven't personally met anyone in the industry but I can tell from the vids I've seen that JD has an awesome personality. Hopefully there will be an event around my area one day.

Gar

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
PHP:
Dr. Alejandro Ernesto Martínez Cuenca. Really cool meeting him. I appreciate his dedication to preserve and bring back the classic Nicaraguan profile. His cigars really pushed me further down the rabbit hole.

Cool contest sparking great conversations. Been lurking a while and finally set up on here. Thanks!

Rating - 98%
52   1   0
Easy and a tough question... But, pretty much everyone!

Derek, Ian, Ben and all the guys at Fed

Paul From Mr Js

All my coworkers

Litto Gomez

Pete Janny Jose and KC

For the most part the majority of people in the cigar industry share the same ideals and conduct business right way and I'm glad I've met all of them!

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Jonathan Drew I got a chance to meet him at a drew estate event in libertyville il Neumanns he ask everybody how walked in about there life for like 5 mins I got a chance to bartend for him it was so fun.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I'd have to say Jon Huber from Crowned Heads. He seems like a really genuine guy who is passionate about cigars and really goes the extra mile to put in the sweat and put out a great product.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love Carlito and Arturo at Arturo Fuente for all the good they do and how they are on a personal level at their store in Tampa. At the same time, Johnathan Drew is also very personal which i Like. So one of those two people! Hahah

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
JD and Matt Booth are the only ones i have meet so fair and are tied for partying and yet humble dudes and I love what you do to the industry mad props Jonathan