What's new

Day 7 : Drew Estate / BOTL 8 Day Holiday Extravaganza

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Have only spent time with Pete and Don. Both were really cool to talk to in person but would have to say dpg wins by a hair just due to the insight into the industry and talking about his personal history. Was pretty cool to chill and chat with him in a small group

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I've never met any big players of the industry. I've tweeted with Pete Johnson and met Enrique Mons in his store in Havana. So, I'll say Pete on the basis that he was happy to tweet with a Brit !

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I've never met anyone from the industry but I would have to say JD without question. He's reppin' NY, and seems down to earth rubbing elbows with us on the boards.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Seriously, this is an easy one. I've met over a dozen "names" and while all of them fine people (and a couple of them really hot) I've only had a chance to spend extended time with one, JD. He took me fishing, bought me pizza and gave me a lesson in Texas hold 'em. I don't know what was more memorable, the look on a friends face when I introduced him at the poker table, watching Jonathan's face as he watched his father fish in the Hampton's or sitting white knuckled in the back seat of a car driven by a really intoxicated Michael Argenti as he drove me home!

willzbar

Lost at the Lake
Rating - 100%
140   0   0
I have been lucky enough to meet several people in the cigar industry. JD talked to me like we were old high school buddies. Tim Oz and Christian Eiroa bought rounds of drinks and hung out with a group of us at a CRA event in Minneapolis. Carlito Fuente gave me a cigar that I still haven't smoked yet. So many I couldn't pick one.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
While I have not yet met anyone in the industry, I would have to say the guys who run my local B&M. They are in the industry right? They are just so welcoming and knowledgeable and I think they are a main reason why I am so into cigars today.

carholio

Carl
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I have not met anyone in the industry to form an opinion of them. So since this is a DE contest I'll say JD.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Since I haven't met any yet I'll say JD and Steve Saka, I really appreciate the time they take here to answer questions, and interact with the brothers. I hear they make good cigars too. ;)

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Lilo Santiago of Cremo. The only cigar personality i've met. he also texted me a week ago and sent me two of their new maduro line for christmas! Merry christmas all!

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I have been fortunate to meet many people in the cigar biz and JD is one of the classiest, most genuine, innovative and just all around good dude that I have had the pleasure of meeting. That said, it is tough to pick just one as this industry has a lot of great people involved in it.

LOD

Just a guy smoking cigars
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have met too many that were awesome to name one! If I have to say the one I have the most personal relationship with it would be Matt Booth.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
I'm with cmac. I've met several of the industry guys and all them are fine fellows, and gals too. But the one I can call a true friend is Jonathan Drew!