What's new

Do you smoke in your vehicle?

drbell15

SmallWaveDave
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Curious how many of us smoke in the car. Looks like it's somewhat common after following the Today's Smoke thread. If you do how often and what do you use to keep the ash from falling in your lap?

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I do maybe once every other week. I tend to ash more while driving to keep that from happening. Still does occasionally through. I have an ash can that fits in my cup holder.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I do smoke in my truck when driving BUT usually locally around town. And I'll smoke alone when doing so, unless I'm out and about with a fellow cigar smoker. I did have a moment where I burned out a hole in my jean shorts when I let the ash get too long and didn't realize it dropped until I felt something hot on my leg....well gladly I caught it before it burned my skin. But my shorts didn't survive the carnage. Ash often and don't have the windows open too much especially on windy days. The ash will be a little bit of a mess. Best bet is to get yourself a Xikar ash can. Worth every penny. But shop around for it for best price IMHO. I got mine free since I spent $100.00 or more when they ran a sale on-line at Cigars International.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/ashtrays/39345/xikar-ash-can/

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
The secret to smoking in cars: (beyond the advice already given on ashing)

Turn the floor vent on high and make sure its not recirculating air.

Crack exactly one window, maybe an inch. This causes a low pressure spot outside and sucks all the smoke out as you're driving.

I smoke in my vehicles all the time and you'd never know it.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Just my pipes in my truck, they don't leave an unpleasant stink behind. Rarely a cigar and only on a long road trip where I can leave windows down for a while after the cigar is gone.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0

Crack exactly one window, maybe an inch. This causes a low pressure spot outside and sucks all the smoke out as you're driving.

I do exactly this. I have vent visors too which seem to help draw the smoke out really well. My wife and I swap cars every week and not once has she asked if I smoke in my car. Don't do it in hers though.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0

Good tip, I usually don't cause I don't want it to smell like I do inside my truck. I'll have to give that a shot and see, most times I open both windows and the sunroof and it still smells.

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Barring that new car smell , and cloth heavy interior as another exception . I'd have no other preference but to heavy scent the vehicle with cc cigar smoke. Some men's cologne manuf. actually formulate with cigar output scents/effects as a component .