What's new

Do you smoke in your vehicle?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Good tip, I usually don't cause I don't want it to smell like I do inside my truck. I'll have to give that a shot and see, most times I open both windows and the sunroof and it still smells.
Too much open window/sunroof just causes the air to swirl around in the passenger cabin so the smoke doesn't get out. All you need is a little crack and it sucks it right out as long as you're moving. At stoplights and in traffic, I open it a little wider.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Yes. My last car was a '92 Mazda Protege (Her name was "Old Gold"), I bought for $500. My current car is a '97 Honda Accord (her name is "Blue Steel") I bought for $1500. The trick is to buy them fully depreciated, then it doesn't matter what you do in them!

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
As evidenced by my daily ride home cigar pictures in the daily smoke thread, yes, pretty much every day. I've smoked in every vehicle I've had including one car that I lit a cigarette in as I drove it off the lot! (This was back in 2002 when I still smoke those things.) I also smoke in my wife's brand spankin' new car. She's very tolerant of me and my smoking!

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
As you probably noticed from my posts in the "Today's Smoke" thread, all the time.

I follow most of the general rules such as one window cracked 1/2", recirculation off, etc. but I use a Bobken ashtray which hangs on the driver's door instead of a Xikar ash can. This helps suck the smoke out the cracked driver's window when my cigar is at rest. I also use my dash vents rather than the floor ones so that I do not sweat to death in the summer or freeze to death in the winter. I do close off the vent immediately to the right of the steering wheel though to help avoid uneven burn. One other thing that I swear by is Ozium spray which does an awesome job of removing any leftover smell. By spraying Ozium when I'm done and also making sure I empty the Bobken, it is very difficult (if not impossible) to smell the residual smoke the next time I get in the car.

As far as ashing, I have gotten in the habit of doing so sooner when I drive so as to avoid getting ashes all over the steering wheel, floor, seat, etc. Unfortunately like @CVAC085 I had an incident where the ash fell off and landed in my lap while driving. I didn't burn a hole in my jeans, but there is a nice burn hole in my seat now as a constant reminder of my stupidity.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
The secret to smoking in cars: (beyond the advice already given on ashing)

Turn the floor vent on high and make sure its not recirculating air.

Crack exactly one window, maybe an inch. This causes a low pressure spot outside and sucks all the smoke out as you're driving.

I smoke in my vehicles all the time and you'd never know it.
I don't but I'm willing to try with the above method and one of those cans (where do I find them... Amazon knows but, I hope to find local).

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I smoke in my truck, but you can hardly notice it, if you are outside of the truck and the windows are rolled up. There is usually only one person in my truck, me, on my way to and from work. I am not looking to sell it anytime soon, and when I do, I suspect that it will be to a junk yard, for scrap.

drbell15

SmallWaveDave
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Yes, with a variation of windows up/down depending on how windy it is outside. I try to keep the flow of air as fluid as possible. And I tap out the window at stoplights to prevent ashing in the car, however, I don't always make it... Lol
I think I have something that might help you sir. PM me your addy.