What's new

Do you smoke in your vehicle?

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have the ozium spray and within half a day the smell is gone...completely. Even in rental cars I smoke my cigars and before renting them I tell the guy that I smell a cigar/cigarette aroma inside but just wanted it notated in the rental agreement just in case one of the workers want to blame me for the aroma. They put it in the notes and off I go and never have a worry about them saying anything....just look at the notes on the rental agreement there Columbo where it says the customer noticed a tobacco aroma but accepted the vehicle anyway. Have had to many instances where I stood with the Agent where they argued with me about a stain in the backseat flooring where obviously a dirty diaper was left and got ground into the rug....or where there was a slight ding in the windshield that I pointed out before leaving the rental agency...and upon return they told me that the "ding" was my fault as the guy I told that it was there before driving away never put it in the notes. If there is a charge for them to get you....they will try. Now I film the car with my cellphone and have the Rep in the film where I point out every nick, scratch, etc. and then say on the film that I detect a tobacco aroma but because of time constraints I'll rent the car as it is with the info provided with the filming. I love technology when it works in my favor and I've never had an issue about any tobacco aroma afterwards. The Reps are far too busy renting cars...not going over it like a bloodhound looking for escaping prisoners.

Last edited:

Bearclaw

The dude playin the dude disquised as another dude
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I don't smoke in my truck. I drove a '97 Tacoma up to around 280k, and I would have smoked in that one. But my baby? No sir. I waited too many years for a new truck to smoke in it!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I would, but the woman would never allow it. She tells me I'm free to smoke a cigar while I'm on the motorcycle though...lol
Reading stuff like this always makes me thankful for my wife because I know things are like this for A LOT of guys.

My wife would never dream of telling me I can't smoke in my car or truck. They're mine. She has asked me not to smoke in the house, and out of respect, most of the time I don't. Why? Because she never smokes in the house, so she's following her own rule. If, however, I'm in my office and want a cigar, I light one.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
image.jpg I do smoke and being Florida I would sweat to death with the windows down even slightly. I therefore purchased a home air purifier/ionizer off EBay which I run using a heavy duty power inverter. It's about 15 pounds and fairly large (pen shown for scale). Using the unit I only need crack my window slightly to blow out excess smoke. The unit does a decent job of chewing up smoke and cigar smell and replacing it with ionized air which has a distinct "clean laundry" smell. It's not perfect, but it definitely has allowed me to smoke in the car, not sweat to death and avoid my interior smelling like pure hell.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Lol. Yes anyone who doesn't smoke cigars thinks I'm insane with a huge air cleaner as a passenger. FYI if you consider it, I run mine full power when ever engine is running. That way during regular driving it continues to eliminate any lingering odor. It's not 100% foolproof, but that ionized air does eliminate odors effectively.

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Reading stuff like this always makes me thankful for my wife because I know things are like this for A LOT of guys.

My wife would never dream of telling me I can't smoke in my car or truck. They're mine. She has asked me not to smoke in the house, and out of respect, most of the time I don't. Why? Because she never smokes in the house, so she's following her own rule. If, however, I'm in my office and want a cigar, I light one.
All of our vehicles (except for my bike) are shared vehicles, so out of respect for my wife (who doesn't smoke), I honor her wishes to not smoke in them or in our house.

I went for a little humor in my first post, but it is my choice to respect her wishes.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I do smoke in my truck when driving BUT usually locally around town. And I'll smoke alone when doing so, unless I'm out and about with a fellow cigar smoker. I did have a moment where I burned out a hole in my jean shorts when I let the ash get too long and didn't realize it dropped until I felt something hot on my leg....well gladly I caught it before it burned my skin. But my shorts didn't survive the carnage. Ash often and don't have the windows open too much especially on windy days. The ash will be a little bit of a mess. Best bet is to get yourself a Xikar ash can. Worth every penny. But shop around for it for best price IMHO. I got mine free since I spent $100.00 or more when they ran a sale on-line at Cigars International.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/ashtrays/39345/xikar-ash-can/
I prefer the Stinky Car Ashtray.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/ashtrays/67038/stinky-car-ashtray/