What's new

Drew Estate Undercrown

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I smoked the Double Corona last night at the bar with some friends. I really liked the smoke. Good draw, good burn, good Liga flavors. I can't wait to see what a little time in the humi does for these.

Nate

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Smoked the robusto last night. It was good for me, but just good. Worth the easy price tag but nothing phenomenal like the Ligas. I've got 5 more in 2 different sizes so we'll see how those go.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I love these cigars.

And, in my opinion, you have to try to put Liga out of your mind. These aren't Ligas. Its very natual for anything Drew puts out, now, to be compared back to the Ligas. But we can't look at new Drew releases like that. Often, it's not even a conscious thing.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I love these cigars.

And, in my opinion, you have to try to put Liga out of your mind. These aren't Ligas. Its very natual for anything Drew puts out, now, to be compared back to the Ligas. But we can't look at new Drew releases like that. Often, it's not even a conscious thing.
I agree, very well put. This is a different cigar, different smoke. Very enjoyable. This like an anytime cigar that I can smoke anytime and not worry about overload. Gutsy move after the Liga line success.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I had my 1st the other day and was not a fan, I am not sure if I should have let it sit a bit longer. I have another I will give a try in a few weeks.

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Im almost done with my first Undercrown (Toro) and have really enjoyed it. It definitely stands on its own but there are some ligaesque flavors here for sure. Another great cigar from DE.

rduke10

AKA Dookie
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Still waiting on mine to come in! Placed the order then got the "sorry these are on backorder" email the next day. That was almost 2 weeks ago! oh well, they will come in eventually. Good thing I have a few more t52's left.

WhiteWolfIndulgence

Prince Sascha
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'll bite. I'm curious And I'll want a larger ring gauge to boot. If the flavor comes across in a larger one well, then in a lancero it should be pretty awesome. Tatuaje convinced me to smoke smaller cigars...my first being the 7th Reserva.

But anyway, saw the price point on these at Cigar.com, around $9 or less a stick. Looked pretty good. May have to check them out.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
That's sort of where they lost me on this one. I thought the Undercrown concept was supposed to be a lower-priced line. I can get a LOT of cigar for $9 a piece...
That was my impression also when the buzz started...up until they hit the shelf in fact. I paid $8 and some change for the few I bought. I guess when you compare that to the prices that the 9's and T52's are fetching then yeah, they're lower priced :dunno:. Haven't smoked mine yet so I can't give any judgement on whether or not the price tag is worth it, only have to go with what I've heard and so far it's been mostly positive.

Dan

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
They are a good cigar and worth the money. I mean I can get a liga t52 toro for 12 and a robusto for 11, so they're not that much cheaper.

I don't think the main focus of the undercrown was to be a cheaper alternative to ligas but a more avaliable one. Yeah using the leaf they're using they should be, but still.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
That's sort of where they lost me on this one. I thought the Undercrown concept was supposed to be a lower-priced line. I can get a LOT of cigar for $9 a piece...
Undercrown project introduced liga-ish type experience and more affordable price compared to Liga, not compared to the entire market.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
JD, they're a great smoke really. I need to get more, just waiting for some robustos to show up around my area

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
-----------
I'm going to try a second, my first wasn't good. It had draw issues (real tight), and then chemical (amonia?) tasting after the 1st third. I have 10 more, I'm hoping this one was just a dud. Gran Toros. I had it in my humi for a week, w/o cello and have boveda humi packs @ 70%, it didn't split or anything, but I had the feeling while I was smoking it that it was just too moist. Maybe these need to season for a while?
---------

30 days later, and I love them.

Last edited:

dowjr1

Dan O
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Best idea is to just think of these as a new cigar at a new price from a maker with a good reputation. No need to bring any other baggage to the deal like what it should be priced at or what it should taste like. It's just a cigar and maybe you should try one. If you like it then buy more. If not then don't...that simple really. That way you avoid the hype and can make a more objective decision about whether something is worth the price.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I tried one...not for me. So...I have arrived at the formidable conclusion that I'm not gonna like 'em all!

But hey, I could smoke T52's and 9's exclusively for the rest of the year and be happy :).