What's new

Drew Estate Undercrown

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
- If the brand proves to be popular with smokers of course we will add sizes... I already have been smoking a 5 5/8 x 46 version. But launching with the most popular sizes is what makes sense... tell you what I will make up some more of the Corona Gorda UC to share cause you ain't gettiing mine. Lets plan a BOTL herf somewhere this Fall an I will show up with these to share...
I hear Michigans very nice in the fall lol :)

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Thanks Steve, great post. If you need me to sample and offer feedback on the Corona Gorda UC, just let me know! :)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks for the post Steve! I am really looking forward to trying the Lancero. I am a whore for Lanceros and I look forward to seeing what DE can do in that size.

The Undercrown is interesting as well. I like the price point!

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Interesting stuff. There's always the Laguna Beach Herf in the fall. Lots of room for everyone and hard to beat the bikini-clad yoga women!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DE has really nailed the Liga series. I hope these are at least similar.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Before I go on: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT HYPE THIS CIGAR.

Smoke it first and then post what you think, but do not post you expect this to be the greatest this or that when none of you have smoked it.

It sets unrealistic expectations and leaves people disappointed when it doesn't live up to whatever in their heads they imagined it would be.

Overcoming expectations is often impossible - so do me a fav and do not put the cart in front of the horse.

So when it comes out, just smoke one and share what you think.

I expect some folks will love it and others won't - it is like any good cigar blend - nothing is perfect for everyone.

===

Now with that said, here is the skinny:

- Undercrown to be debuted at the IPCPR - initial delivery to retailer in Sept 2011.

- Undercrown is a blend that was developed by the Liga rollers for their own smoking pleasure because we had to ask them to cut back on smoking the LPs they were making - they were crushing us. The name represents this - if LP was made exclusively for the king/boss initially, this cigar was made initially for themselves, the princes, ie. Undercrown.

- Imo, it is just a touch stronger than Medium bodied with a great natural tobacco sweetness and earthy flavor. Very creamy core and sexy smooth - like all LP's** it is very balanced - this cigar probably won't satisfy some of the pepper junkies.

[Disclaimer: this of course is my personal opinion of the smoke - you will have to decide for yourself... some folks will say it is too strong, others will say it is mild, one guy will say it tastes like bing cherries and pencil lead, and on and on and on - lol]

- Made with many of the same tobaccos as other LPs, but utilizes different primings, crops from different sections of the same fields, different ages etc... or change-ups - for example the binder is our exclusive T52 stalk cut habano.

- Prices are NOT set on the brand yet, because we price all of our cigars based one what they cost to produce and it takes us a few months of true production to know for sure what the indexes and run rates will be - I am going to Nica next week to do a final review - we expect the prices to range between $7 - $9...

BUT I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO BE COMPLETELY WRONG ABOUT THIS!!!

- LP-grade pairs are rolling these.

- Initial launch will be in the same 4 sizes as LP + the 6 x 60 parejo Gordito. Complain to JD about it, he wanted it, he is on a 60RG rampage... <snicker> Look when I first wanted to do Dirty Rat JD was not really on board because he always preferred larger cigars, but he let us run with it and fell in love with it. I in turn, am not a 60rg guy, but I gotta admit I am impressed with the MUWAT he did over at JDN. I do not think you have to choose between doing all big or all small.

- If the brand proves to be popular with smokers of course we will add sizes... I already have been smoking a 5 5/8 x 46 version. But launching with the most popular sizes is what makes sense... tell you what I will make up some more of the Corona Gorda UC to share cause you ain't gettiing mine. Lets plan a BOTL herf somewhere this Fall an I will show up with these to share...

- It will not be limited to LP accounts only - this is a more sustainable blend so in the long run is will have better availability - hoorah!

===

On the small girth cigar front:

- We have the Dirty Rat of course.

- We will be releasing the LP Unico "L40" Lancero this summer - and btw whoever posted they came down and showed us the "light" is incorrect because we have been working on this blend for well over two years. Btw, like the DR blend that was made specifically for its format, so was the L40 blend - it is totally unique and made expressly for its 7 x 40 size.

- We have Ratzilla which is a 46 rg DR-blend that will be released sometime in the future. Not exactly sure yet, we are so far behind on T52 that adding another cigar that utilizes our stalk cut T52 capa needs to be done judiciously.

- Plus we have 2 more LPs that are small ring gauges whose blends are nearly finalized that will for now remained un-named.

So we are working on small stuff too... so stop your carping fer gawdsakes!!! <snicker>

More details to follow - I gotta get to work.

BR,

Steve Saka
Prez, Drew Estate

[Added to my original post: ** I meant stock LPs, I don't consider the Unico Dirty Rat to be "very balanced", it is exceptional imo, but not very balanced... same is true of the MF-13 and the Feral Flying Pig blends - they are too strong imo to be labelled as "very balanced." Of course, this is again, as always IMO...]
You work??? :dunno:

Steve gets the "Keepin' It Real" award this month... LOL

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You are all wrong guys. To get it fair the HERF should be on a place where it is the same distance for most of the people on the forum. Therefor the solution is...[drum whirl]...SWEDEN! :smokingbo

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I'm not one to get super excited about new releases (mostly because of the difficutly of getting my hands on them here in Canada). But, the new DE stuff, especially this Undercrown I am super excited about! Can't wait to try!

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I'm not one to get super excited about new releases (mostly because of the difficutly of getting my hands on them here in Canada). But, the new DE stuff, especially this Undercrown I am super excited about! Can't wait to try!
It's very difficult to get any non-CC's in Canada and any cigar for a reasonable price.