What's new

Eagle Scouts

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm an Eagle Scout too! April 2002.

I thought scouts was awesome. I think I can attribute a lot of life skills learned to lessons that I was taught during scouts. Planning, goal setting/achieving, and leadership (not to mention getting to be a mean cook) were all important skills that the trail to Eagle will teach you.

Having good leaders that will keep you interested, make themselves available, and sometimes kick your ass into gear makes it a lot easier.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I'm an Eagle Scout too! April 2002.

I thought scouts was awesome. I think I can attribute a lot of life skills learned to lessons that I was taught during scouts. Planning, goal setting/achieving, and leadership (not to mention getting to be a mean cook) were all important skills that the trail to Eagle will teach you.

Having good leaders that will keep you interested, make themselves available, and sometimes kick your ass into gear makes it a lot easier.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: You bet.

MithShrike

Yerba mate for life.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got kicked out of the Cub Scouts when I was 7. Another kid stole my wallet so I beat hell out of him. Apparently that's not well looked upon.

Gummi Bear

Righteously Indignant
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I got my Eagle in 91, my brother in 94, Dad in 65.

My troop was pretty rough when I first started. We had a big yard at the Scout Hut, and tackle football was the game of choice. Pullover was also fun. I came home with many a bloody nose and fat lip just from playing before and after meetings.

We had campouts every month, and I still keep in touch with my old Scoutmaster (he's been in the position for 31-32 years now). I had coffee with him just a few weeks ago. My brother and I both stayed active up to, and even some while in college through the Explorer post that is attatched to the troop.

So yes, Scouts were a big part of my life.

Jenny here is an Eagle also, where ever he is. I actually met him in OA. It was funny when he and I ran back into each other a few years ago, after several years of not keeping in touch.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup... I was also an eagle scout. My brother got his when he was 17, my dad when he was 16. I got mine when I was 15, 9th grade. I loved my time with the Scouts, I still even help when I get the chance. I have a daughter, so I don't have a boy to force into having the same fun! She goes with me and my father to help with the mentally handicapped troop, she loves helping.

Folks that didn't like it, most certainly had a crappy troop. If your troop is active and you have an ounce of drive... you'll do great in scouts. I never understood how kids could sit at home and do nothing before or after school.
As far as the excuse of having to work... I worked at least 30 hours a week when I was in 8th and 9th grade, then in high school I was usually getting overtime and also was very active with the school wrestling. On top of all of that, I did my fair share of chasing the pooty-poo and dicking around with my car.

Excuses excuses excuses...... :bouncetau

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and I still keep in touch with my old Scoutmaster (he's been in the position for 31-32 years now). I had coffee with him just a few weeks ago.
I saw Doc monday....

He wasn't my scoutmaster, he did fix my broke ass hand when I was 15, though.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I got my Eagle in 91, my brother in 94, Dad in 65.

My troop was pretty rough when I first started. We had a big yard at the Scout Hut, and tackle football was the game of choice. Pullover was also fun. I came home with many a bloody nose and fat lip just from playing before and after meetings.

We had campouts every month, and I still keep in touch with my old Scoutmaster (he's been in the position for 31-32 years now). I had coffee with him just a few weeks ago. My brother and I both stayed active up to, and even some while in college through the Explorer post that is attatched to the troop.

So yes, Scouts were a big part of my life.

Jenny here is an Eagle also, where ever he is. I actually met him in OA. It was funny when he and I ran back into each other a few years ago, after several years of not keeping in touch.
OA. Geez. I was a regional advisor fr a while.