What's new

F1

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Champ- I hate to say it, but unless Mclaren has a rear diffuser in their garage like the "controversial" ones such as brawn... It looks like they are in trouble.

Mclaren, Ferrari, Renault and BMW don't look too good after Fri-Practice 2.
On the other hand... Williams, Brawn, Toyota and Red Bull seem to have a bit of pep in their step. Heck, even Force India (Mercedes powered) are doing better than the big boys as of now.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Champ- I hate to say it, but unless Mclaren has a rear diffuser in their garage like the "controversial" ones such as brawn... It looks like they are in trouble.

Mclaren, Ferrari, Renault and BMW don't look too good after Fri-Practice 2.
On the other hand... Williams, Brawn, Toyota and Red Bull seem to have a bit of pep in their step. Heck, even Force India (Mercedes powered) are doing better than the big boys as of now.
Yeah.. but I have hope.:angeryell

Discussion after quailfying?

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Ferrari lame? That's like saying PSD4 is a lousy smoke...:grinFU:
Not Ferrari... The things that Ferrari try to pull. That's lame. Little schemes to get them ahead while everyone else gets the shaft.
Ferrari has an incredible racing history, I gladly give em that.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Alright... Brawn GP got some Virgin stickers put on it... (sponsor)
Let's Discuss, cause qualifying just ended... and it looks like this
Button
Barrichello
Vetel
Kubica
Rosberg
Glock
Massa
Trulli
Kimmi
Webber

So the top 10, has 2 of last years top drivers... in 6 and 9th place
Mclaren 14 and 15 (im upset a bit, but really happy that Barrichello is in 2nd)

Your thoughts?

The race is gonna be incredible to say the least. There is gonna be alot of pushing from the back of the pack, and I think that from 6th place back is gonna be fun to watch. The front of the pack is gonna spread out within the first 15-20 laps, then we only gotta watch them do pit stops. Can Brawn win? it looks that way. Vetel won his first race last year, and now is in a really competitive car... The young driver is gonna do some serious damage this year.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I wasn't expecting much from McLaren, but I did think they'd finish higher than 14-15. Hamilton didn't even come out it Q2, later they said it was a gear box problem. Just what we need.

I was expecting to see Kimi and Massa finish 9-10 but it seemed liked outta no where Massa shot up to 7 at the last second.

Button is a great driver I'm just happy that he finally has the means to show case his talent. But what the heck is up with their (Brawn GP) rear diffuser!? I believe I heard it was going to be challenged on the 14th before China.

So far not off to a great start, but we will get there by the time China rolls around.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Love McLaren but hate what they've done to the cars this season.
What have they done that you don't like?

The car is absolutely gorgeous. There is nothing to not like about it. It looks incredible, but is having some aero problems.

The whole rear diffuser thing is interesting. 3 teams read the rules, made a diffuser that seems to be legal, and everyone else is complaining.
After the appeal it will be decided legal or not... and if it is legal i'm sure the other teams are already making the revised versions back home, "just in case it's legal"

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Was that exciting or what?
Great season opener (for some teams)
The sun in their face trough some pretty challenging corners not helping any.
Crashes from the first corner to almost the last lap.
people that started dead last scoring some points (3rd place and on)
Im off to bed now, at 4am

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was on the edge of the coach the WHOLE TIME! Can you believe an 18th to 4th finish! The ponies were out, both Brawn drivers placed on podium finish. Great driving from Sauber! I did kind of laugh when STR tried to finish with a HANGING wheel, but I probably would have done the same. When it was down to 3/58 lap was some of the most intense stuff I've seen. I feel like Heikki was cheated though. Still can't believe Hamilton, wow.

Till next weekend!

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Hamilton was actually moved up to 3rd, after Jarno (who started from the pit lane, even further than Lewis) was penalized 25 seconds for something that happened while the safety car was on track. What a shame. he went from last, to 3rd, and after the penalty 12th.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
What have they done that you don't like?
Nothing against McLaren's design I think its one of the best looking cars out there at the moment it was a general comment about what the rules have done to the car designs this year.. every time I see those cars I think Formula 3000 instead of F1. Enough is enough they need to dial back the rules a bit and stop making the cars slower.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
that is true about them making the cars slower, but it did lead to a more challenging race for almost everyone except for Button.
The cars are slower, but only a bit. The fastest lap in Australia is Schumi's 2004 1:24:xxx, this year the fastest lap was 1:26:202 (i think it was :202), so only about 2 seconds slower.... but i agree with you, why not 2 seconds faster?

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I understood why they needed to bring about some changes after Senna crashed but they don't need to go out every year and bring about changes to "make the sport safer" which is corporate talk for dialing down the cars. This is a sport where seconds matter often first place and second are seperated by a second or two perhaps even a couple of hundreds of a second.

I don't buy reducing speed will make the sport safer talk. I mean look at what they've done since, they had a season where you needed to use just one set of tires last season you had to use tires made of two different compounds during the race and had to do without traction control. Now it does make the race a lot more exciting to watch without traction control but safety is compromised. Plus all these recent rule changes including the farcical change in the points system does nothing more than to confuse the drivers, teams and the fans. It may make the sport more competitive but I don't think that will last long the cream rises to the top sooner or later Williams has always been a great team and they were bound to do well sooner or later, Brawn has a great engine and we all know the regulars. McLaren won't sit back and say well we're happy Lewy got 3rd they're probably back at the drawing board trying to make that car 2 seconds faster and so is Ferrari by the time the European leg comes aruond they'll have faster cars while the rest will be at the same point they are at the moment. The rich always have faster cars.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Well, Hamilton was 3rd, cause Jarno passed him under safety car "no passing"
and formula1.com explains why hamilton was disqualified and lost the points, and Jarno's penalty reversed...
So a Brawn 1-2, and Toyota picks up 6 points with 3rd.

Tonight will be practice for a very complex track. I will be watching for sure.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like all the new rules, its a fresh start at a hard game. So I guess Hamilton and the rest of McLaren lied about letting the Toyota pass. "shakes head", Well we can only hope for a better out come in China when we have the newly legal rear diffuser. I don't think this race in Mal. comingup is going to be too fruit full, HOWEVER I still have hope for my silver arrows.

On a side note, I like watching Saubers progression through out the sport. Plus I like watching their car, its pretty sweet looking.