What's new

Fallout 4

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
That's the weird thing about it... I'm on xbox one, and had no issues at all last night, started up and ran smoothly. Made my person, and got out of the Vault before killing it for the night. (work and such)
That's the reason I don't rely on computer games for much (besides game I would like to mod). Everything just works on my Xbox (besides the red ring days). Getting a party chat together on PC seems to always take half an hour; peoples devices won't be installed, have some setting wrong, ect. Xbox I just hit invite and it's all good.

That being said, I am excited to hike the graphics up to ultra. Booted it up before work and it told me it could handle it all when it benchmarked.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That's the reason I don't rely on computer games for much (besides game I would like to mod). Everything just works on my Xbox (besides the red ring days). Getting a party chat together on PC seems to always take half an hour; peoples devices won't be installed, have some setting wrong, ect. Xbox I just hit invite and it's all good.

That being said, I am excited to hike the graphics up to ultra. Booted it up before work and it told me it could handle it all when it benchmarked.
Lucky!

Honestly, my rig I built for my freelance work is a few years old, but I bet it would take a decent stab at the game.
i7-3770 Quad 3.4GHz
32gb of memory,
dual EVGA 4gb 680GTX's
Samsung 840 solid state drives.

The issue for me is I have to sit infront of the pc for work all day, so if I want to play a game, I don't want to be back at a desk. Between that and the ease of the xbox with the stuff you mentioned makes that the better solution for me even if it doesnt look as nice lol

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Still shit this morning. Can't get past 8 seconds or so of the startup screen, then crashes to desktop no error codes. This appears pretty common. Praying for an early patch. Just annoying they knew this shit was happening and released the game anyway and incomplete. I'm a customer not a beta tester.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Still shit this morning. Can't get past 8 seconds or so of the startup screen, then crashes to desktop no error codes. This appears pretty common. Praying for an early patch. Just annoying they knew this shit was happening and released the game anyway and incomplete. I'm a customer not a beta tester.
What are your specs? Not blaming it on your hardware at all, just curious if maybe there are hardware specific workarounds for your rig.

Is the GECK out yet? If so, this should be running smoothly soon enough with some unofficial patches.

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
What are your specs? Not blaming it on your hardware at all, just curious if maybe there are hardware specific workarounds for your rig.

Is the GECK out yet? If so, this should be running smoothly soon enough with some unofficial patches.
Processor AMD A10-7850K APU with Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics, 3700 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
(1) MSI AMD R9 270 GPU
18GB Ram

What is the GECK?

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Processor AMD A10-7850K APU with Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics, 3700 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
(1) MSI AMD R9 270 GPU
18GB Ram

What is the GECK?
The GECK is the Garden of Eden Creation Kit. In the series, it's a civilization rebuilding kit. Allows for terraforming and repopulating the Wastes. In real life, it's the official software development kit or mod toolbox.

ETA: that's also an odd multiple of RAM. Did you recently upgrade?

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
omg guys....i dunno if any of you have started messing around with the city creation tools yet but god damn....I was pulling down and rebuilding houses last night and then suddenly it was 5am...

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
The GECK is the Garden of Eden Creation Kit. In the series, it's a civilization rebuilding kit. Allows for terraforming and repopulating the Wastes. In real life, it's the official software development kit or mod toolbox.

ETA: that's also an odd multiple of RAM. Did you recently upgrade?
If you meant 16gb, that would make sense. But 18 would actually be counter productive and hinder your performance. DDR (Dual Data Rate) works better in sets of 2. A single stick will also work.

As far as the crashing goes, have you tried uninstalling/deleting local content and trying again? Sometimes a chunk of data can get corrupted on download. It's worth a shot (unless you have a data cap).

Another option that I'm sure you've most likely explored already is running it as the Admin (right click on Fallout4.exe and click run as administrator). Usually doesn't do the trick, but it's better than waiting for a patch.

One final option I can think of is to make sure your GPU driver is up to date. Another long shot, but again, it's better than nothing.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Is this game any good? Fallout 3 had me bored after a while. Just not enough interesting things going on in the wasteland.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
omg guys....i dunno if any of you have started messing around with the city creation tools yet but god damn....I was pulling down and rebuilding houses last night and then suddenly it was 5am...
Yep! I decided to first try my luck at it at the Garage before moving over to Sanctuary. So I put a fort on top of it lol

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Rented it on Red box to try it out and I will definitely be buying it soon. That game is a ton of fun and I love the new Xbox One update.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk