What's new

Favorite Bourbon

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really really like Knob creek single barrel when given a choice. However, I have not had a chance to deeply submerge myself into the depths of bourbon, like I really want to. Next to cigars its my other passion. Just like some cigars there are so many bourbons, and many small batch and boutique batches that I will never be exposed to.

rduke10

AKA Dookie
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Got a call from a friend who owns the store I buy from last week. Said I need to come by and try something. So of course I went. He got hold of a bottle of willett 18 y/o single barrel 117 proof I believe but was smooth with vanilla and caramel on the finish. It's a little pricey, at least in MS, but was pleasantly surprised. Much smoother than I expected and can see it pairing well with a full bodied smoke. Hard to pick a favorite other than what I have in stock lol. And I drink my bourbon neat fwiw.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
The William LaRue Weller from the BTAC is one of the very best I've ever had. Hoping to pick up a bottle of it when this year's release comes out.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like Blanton's, Makers 46, Evan Williams and Knob Creek. Basil Hayden's for a milder sip.
Would love to try a Pappy, but seems impossible to find. Trying others as I work through my current selection.
Hudson anyone?

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
1. All bourbon is whiskey but not all whiskey is bourbon. Tennessee whiskey? Not bourbon. Canadian whiskey? Nope. Scotch? Definitely not bourbon... you get the idea.
2. Bourbon is all-American. In 1964, under President Lyndon Johnson's administration, Congress declared bourbon America's Native Spirit (LBJ sure enjoyed his bourbon.).
3. The only thing that can be added to bourbon is water (and only to bring it down to proof). Other whiskey makers can add colors and flavors to their products.
4. Whiskey can age in re-used barrels. By law bourbon must use NEW charred American white oak barrels. Scotch whiskey often recycles barrels first used for bourbon. Probably to try to steal some of the bourbon's flavor!
5. It can't say "bourbon" on the label if it's not distilled in the United States. And it can't be "Kentucky Bourbon" unless it's distilled in Kentucky.

Speedbump

BoM June '10
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
1. All bourbon is whiskey but not all whiskey is bourbon. Tennessee whiskey? Not bourbon. Canadian whiskey? Nope. Scotch? Definitely not bourbon... you get the idea.
2. Bourbon is all-American. In 1964, under President Lyndon Johnson's administration, Congress declared bourbon America's Native Spirit (LBJ sure enjoyed his bourbon.).
3. The only thing that can be added to bourbon is water (and only to bring it down to proof). Other whiskey makers can add colors and flavors to their products.
4. Whiskey can age in re-used barrels. By law bourbon must use NEW charred American white oak barrels. Scotch whiskey often recycles barrels first used for bourbon. Probably to try to steal some of the bourbon's flavor!
5. It can't say "bourbon" on the label if it's not distilled in the United States. And it can't be "Kentucky Bourbon" unless it's distilled in Kentucky.
Yes sir you are correct even I listed a rye and should have kept to the thread, as a rye is not a bourbon