What's new

Finally...I'm building my detached cigar smoking room....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm working on the same thing right now except mine will be in the basement. I'm going with 2 inline 300 CFM exhaust fans and a 8" fresh air intake with a duct heater. I do not have to worry about AC in mine (Thank God). But the duct heater will eliminate any problems with cold air entering the room in the sub zero temps. Because mine is in the house I stayed away from smoke eaters. Good Luck with your project.
Tim

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
Nice work. That's moving along fast
Goal is mid to late april for completion.

I want to be proud to say I did it all, but some things require help, it can be tough to rally my buddies since im off work right now but they arent. that may be my only delay.

RigilKent

RigilKent
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
all you need to do is offer free cigars for BOTL while they work and im sure you would get all the help you needed. i would be down:drool:

Pendaboot

Robusto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I read this right you are planning to leave the room to its own devices for most of the time, and then start air conditioning systems before use. I lived in South Florida for ten years, and I think this would be a mistake. While the cost of maintaining the room might be high, IMHO the cost of not doing so might well be higher. You could maintain the room at 85 degrees, and drop to a more comfortable temperature when need be.

The downside to leaving the room to its own devices, is vermin, both animal, vegetable, and fungal, and the condition and aroma that any furnishings would take on if left to a temperature in excess of one hundred degrees during down time.

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
If I read this right you are planning to leave the room to its own devices for most of the time, and then start air conditioning systems before use. I lived in South Florida for ten years, and I think this would be a mistake. While the cost of maintaining the room might be high, IMHO the cost of not doing so might well be higher. You could maintain the room at 85 degrees, and drop to a more comfortable temperature when need be.

The downside to leaving the room to its own devices, is vermin, both animal, vegetable, and fungal, and the condition and aroma that any furnishings would take on if left to a temperature in excess of one hundred degrees during down time.

as far as daily temp, i plan on playing with it for few weeks, im sure it will end up set at low 80s then cool more before we enter to smoke.